Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Nova SS Street / Drag

jasoncamaro

Hi Everyone This is my first build in quite a few years and I'm just starting to make a full return to this great hobby so i decided to

start back into this with a simple out of the box build of one of my favorite cars the 69 Nova SS so heres a couple of pics of the

progress so far

SDC10796-vi.jpg

SDC10797-vi.jpg

SDC10798-vi.jpg

SDC10799-vi.jpg

Edited by jasoncamaro

Looks great so far. Not too long ago I did this kit box stock also. It went together great only problem I had was the black stripe decals on the hood and trunk would not lay down smooth. I loved the decals on the rest of the kit too much to strip the whole thing so I only did the hood and trunk. Looking back I should have painted the black stripes on. You'll love this kit it was a blast to build just watch out for those black stripes if you use them. B)

Looks great so far. Not too long ago I did this kit box stock also. It went together great only problem I had was the black stripe decals on the hood and trunk would not lay down smooth. I loved the decals on the rest of the kit too much to strip the whole thing so I only did the hood and trunk. Looking back I should have painted the black stripes on. You'll love this kit it was a blast to build just watch out for those black stripes if you use them. :D

1st let me say good job so far....2nd I like to add to coolplastics comment by saying. try using Micro Sol for the black decals it softens decals so they conform to extreme contours. keep up the good work and hopefully this will work for you. B)

Thanks for the comments and advise about the decals guys.

Heres a update Ive got the interior 90% done just have to finish the front seats i decided that i wanted more of a weekend warrior drive to work Monday kinda car so i left the roll bar out and put the back seat in after all the dial in decal on the decal sheet is 12.5 sec and if you run slower than 11.99 over here in kiwi land you don't need a roll bar.Also the chassis is just about done too Ive completed and installed the engine heres some pics hope you enjoy.Sorry about the state of my kitchen lol I'm getting some white cardboard tomorrow use for a photo backround.

SDC10812-vi.jpg

SDC10813-vi.jpg

SDC10816-vi.jpg