Model Cars Magazine Forum

SE Michigan / NW Ohio Model Car Clubs?

Never been to a model car club meet, and I'd like to go to one in my area. What does a meet consist of really? Sorry for such an amateur question lol, but I kind of assumed they are sort of like a miniature car club meet? Bring out the cars and shoot the breeze? ;)

Shelle, My model Club, Down River Model Car Club, is located in Dearborn, off of Ford Rd. Easy to get to from I-94 or I-75. or even I-275! It IS basically a regular meet for MODELS! The guys bring builts, pre builts, still in tha box,and their trophy winners(We got ALOT of those!) They are ALL REAL nice,easy ta get along with, and VERY helpful with ANY questions you might have! Some are good at one thing, others good at other stuff, an some are good at EVERYTHING! (H, Steve Perry, Mike Garret, etc.) Some of our members are resin casters,Jeff Ballard, Kevin Lutz, Kris Morgan These guys cast some of the BEST resin bodies and detail parts around. And Tom, he's our Toy Show vendor, an HE always brings the latest releases! So if you can get to one, or Us, you SHOULD find a nice welcome reception! Model Clubs are a GREAT way to make MORE modeling freinds, learn new stuff, and see some GREAT models AND modelers! It would be GREAT to see ya! We meet once a month, on the 3rd Friday of EVERY month at 7:00 at the Dearborn Ice Skateing Center(DISC) on Ford road, about a mile north of Southfeild Freeway. PM me if you want for the EXACT addy on Ford road. It'd be Nice ta see ya!!!!!laugh.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

• 8 months later...

Is this club still getting together on Ford rd. I sure hope so because it's right down the street from me and I'd love to meet fellow modelers that are local.

Thanks,

Ted

Yep, Ted, and you'd be MORE than welcomed!!! We goy guys who come all the way from Toledo to be there! We have a GREAT club, with some of THE BEST builders you'll ever see. We even got us some GSLMCC winners in our lil club!!! It's a GREAT TIME, EVERY month!!! PLEASE come, you WON'T be sorry!!!!!:blink::DB);):P