Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moon Runner

old-hermit

Here is what I hope it will look like when I'm finished ...

1941_willys_pickup1-vi.jpg

Frame, suspension and bed, will be scratch built and most everything else except the body and engine scratched or robbed from the parts box...

Heres the start ...

100_32081-vi.jpg

The Cammer ...

100_33591-vi.jpg

100_33582-vi.jpg

Front suspension ...

100_3256-vi.jpg

100_3262-vi.jpg

Rear frame section & springs ...

100_3252-vi.jpg

Heres a mock up ...

100_3277-vi.jpg

The bed ...

100_3311-vi.jpg

100_3312-vi.jpg

Build pics here ...

http://public.fotki.com/old-hermits-garage/8thscalemodels/moon-runner-wip/

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Can I ask where you located the wheels?

The rear wheels are resin from Jeff Palmer and the front are from a Lindberg Exterminator dragster kit.

That's gonna be killer, Al. But after seeing the scale and the title for the build, I'll have to admit to some level of dissappointment when I opened the post and saw the subject matter. B)

I wish they made a 40 ford or late 50's/early 60's car in 1/8 scale Luke. I'd definately build a proper shine hauler.

I could stick a mason jar or ceramic jug on the front seat just for you. :lol::D;)

(edited for punctuation)

Edited by old-hermit

I now have a Frankland rear under this beast. It was ROUGH when I got it and has taken some effort to make servicable. It still isn't real good but it works for me. She is on her feet and I put the first coat of paint on today. Tomorrow I'll mask it off and put the second part of a two tone paint job on her. Decals tomorrow or Monday then clear Tuesday. I still have some work on the chassis and interior to do.

Heres pics ...

http://public.fotki.com/old-hermits-garage/8thscalemodels/moon-runner-wip/page2.html

100_3631-vi.jpg

The Cammer appears to be a resin unit....is it one you have modified into a Cammer.....?

The cammer was produced by Jeff at Retro Resin in RP then cast in resin and let me tell ya, it's VERY NICE !!!!!

I rolled out before daylight this AM and shot the second stage of paint.

While waiting for it to dry I cut a new fuel tank on my lathe.

Fittings/cap are Lindy.

000_5195-vi.jpg

000_5194-vi.jpg

I'm using the base coat/clear coat method so it wasn't long before I could unmask it and do a mock up.

There are a few spots I need to touch up where the paint bled under the tape but nothing major.

000_5200-vi.jpg

000_5198-vi.jpg

Decals this afternoon and clear coat tomorrow.