Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can be hazardous...HAZMAT!

What do you do with a $71.00 chrome plated tanker?

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/rvl/rvl07554.htm

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

Strip it and use it as a test bed for 'Alclad'....Fingers crossed...

This thing wouldn't fit in anything so I could soak it in simple green! So i pulled out my blue magic polish and had at it!

I started this kit about 4 years ago and shelved it, and I'm glad I did! Now I can put it together and not have to worry about messing up the chrome.

So I borrowed a friends CD...

Alclad CD

And I'm gonna see if it works like it did for for him! I never heard him say "abracadabra..." So I don't think there was any magic involved?

Jeff

This is what I did with my $71 Chrome Plated Tanker,

BeallTankTrailer002-vi.jpg

But then again, I didn't pay $71.... B)

Ouch..........

Neither did I. $50.00 is what I gave if memory serves...It had survived a move to current house and sitting at the bottom of the packing box. So when I pulled it out the other day and had look... :D What was once nice chrome had some scratches and a lot of broken glue joints!

So the decision was made to start fresh.

But yours sure does look awesome! :D :D :D

Jeff

Edited by Jeff T.

You should rip that CD and upload it on a file site so we all can view it.

The actually prototype looks more polished aluminum than reflective chrome.

9a6913.jpg

I built that kit when it first came out and I have another one on the shelf, unopened.

2qwhfl5.jpg

I agree...I worked for Pro-Petroleum here in Az. for about 2years...Spent alot of time staring at my real trailer thinking of the Revell model!

Jeff

Very True on the gloves .I think it was the only kit I ever built wearing gloves.On mine the only thing not kit was the storage pies I replaced them with polished aluminum tubing drilled to add locating pins and suped glued plastic tubing in the ends to place the cover caps and cover panel .

Very True on the gloves .I think it was the only kit I ever built wearing gloves.On mine the only thing not kit was the storage pies I replaced them with polished aluminum tubing drilled to add locating pins and suped glued plastic tubing in the ends to place the cover caps and cover panel .

Me too! I used stainless steel food grade tubes. No polishing necessary needed. That stuff is hellava expensive, but my job had so much they said I could take as much as I wanted. It makes great exhaust pipes also.