Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Dodge Charger Hemi

csoukoulis

Love it! If I were you I would have ran a #11 down the doorseam very lightly, and painted the rear tailpan flat black. Other than that I love that model.

P.S What was the name of that color?

Thanks for the compliment! i'm sorry, but i have no idea what a #11 is :lol:. I'm still a rookie! If i recall correctly, the color is Lime Ice. Maybe i will disassemble the rear to spray the panel

Thanks for the compliment! i'm sorry, but i have no idea what a #11 is :(. I'm still a rookie! If i recall correctly, the color is Lime Ice. Maybe i will disassemble the rear to spray the panel

A "#11" is an X-acto blade... the triangular shaped one we all use. He's talking about the decals along the side of the body. It's all one piece and goes over the door seam, which of course would never happen in the real world. What you should do next time a decal crosses a seam is to cut the decal along the seam after it's applied, so that when it dries there is a tiny gap at the seam... just as there would be in real life.

A "#11" is an X-acto blade... the triangular shaped one we all use. He's talking about the decals along the side of the body. It's all one piece and goes over the door seam, which of course would never happen in the real world. What you should do next time a decal crosses a seam is to cut the decal along the seam after it's applied, so that when it dries there is a tiny gap at the seam... just as there would be in real life.

Ok i get it now. yea, now that im looking at it it looks pretty bad :( Maybe i can do it now, or is it too late?

Thanks for the compliment! i'm sorry, but i have no idea what a #11 is :(. I'm still a rookie! If i recall correctly, the color is Lime Ice. Maybe i will disassemble the rear to spray the panel

NO! Do NOT spary the panel! Use a brush to paint the top part (the part above the rear bumper) flat black.

Edited by '69 Charger Daytona