Model Cars Magazine Forum

So who would buy a '60-66 Chevy long box?

:( Hmmmmmmmmmm.. so let's see.. 1960-66 Chevy trucks - who likes them besides me? Promos ( did they even make an anuual '64-6 Chevy truck?? ) very tolerant wife who humours me and my hobby and never mutters or complains about my buying models - well, even she would be walking on her heels for a month if I bought one and paid what they sell for ... The old early '60's annuals have the bed floor as an integral part of the chassis and cab floor - so that's pretty much out of the question unless you are into hacking up old annuals and doing a lot of drilling and blasting to modify a bed floor.. there are NO long box versions of a '60-66 Chevy pickup on the market that I can find and yet there are versions of the '67-72 style available. Maybe if enough of us asked niocely, some enterprising and talented individual would hack up a couple of the AMY '60 or 64 Chevy short box boxes and produce an 8 foot fleetside bed.. So who all would like one? I'd take at least several if they were realistically priced ( say in the $15-25 dollar range ). I think that the resin casters are missing out on a niche here.. or am I wrong? Taking a Revell or AMT pickup and stretching the chassis is not big deal and the cabs in those kits are decent enough.. Feedback on this suggestion would be greatly appreciated. B):(:(

Gary, if he HAS one, mebbe you could ask Alan Raab of Ma's Resins. Alan has a TON of older kits he uses to draw his molds from. He MIGHT be able to help you out. If you could provide him with a master,I'd bet he could do it. But that's just me guessin. Go head give him a shot, all he can say is sorry. But if you COULD get him to, you'd be in for a treat, cas he's VERY GOOD! biggrin.gifwink.gif