Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Dodge L700 Truck, And Long Flatbed Trailer

I biult this kit when it was first rereleased. Watch the fit on the doors. I had alot of problems with them closing properly. I never did get them to work right. Almost glued them shut. I've thought about getting another one, just to try to conquer this problem. The last one was already painted before I discovered the fit problem. Hopefully by addressing it before paint will make it easier to fix. I will be watching to see how your comes out.

Edited by runsw/scissors

Yes, I have test fitted those doors... Maybe I'm going to glue them shut, I simply hate opening doors, if they are not working correctly. I had opening doors years back in '57 Fairlane and they were awfull. So I maybe glue them shut, but lets have a see, if I can get some "easy" solution to that problem... :)

• 10 months later...

I bought some liquid for black wash. By The Detailer, and I had to test how it works. This engine is now bit greasy, but I think, it turned out OK. I'll add some oil and grease to the frame also, but not too much. That seems to be very good stuff. And easy to use.

PB060214.jpg

PB060215.jpg

PB060216.jpg

PB060217.jpg

PB060218.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice color combinations. This kit is a good one for honing ones modeling skills. Great canvas for painting techniques, add trailer for even more. This kit is a booger to complete. Completing this model is the latest object of my obsession. Finished product will make for a great display. Good Luck

• 9 years later...