Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Corvette Outlaw Pro Mod (Body stretched.. oh dear!)

Stingray69

Hey whats one more project on the bench! I've been wanting to make 69 Corvette Pro Mod for months now but never knew how to approach it. The biggest problem was try to get a set of slicks under the Vette and still have a great stance and plenty of clearance. So what I did was remove the entire back portion (quarters, deck, and what I guess are the c pillars) of the car as one piece, starting right at the rear wheel wells. Sorry I don't have pics of it apart, kind of wish I had taken some because it gets tough explain. I then raised the whole back end up creating more room for a set of slicks and in the process giving it a lowered look. Next I chopped the top and layed back the a pillars some. Some shaping, filling, and sanding later and I got what I hope will be a good platform for my style of pro modified.

This is another drag Vette I'm doing... using it to show the body differences. The body is stock however.

IMG_0338.jpg

And this is my pro modified version. The body is nearly laying on the ground and I still have 1/8" clearance between the rear deck and the slicks underneath.

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

The body is still extremely rough obviously. I still need to stretch it up front some, not positive on how much yet. A wing/spoiler will need to be integrated some how... again not positive on what style. I'm on the finishing steps of a Chopper, once thats done I'm going to get back on this. 8)

Nice job getting those Monster slicks to fit. :lol: Just 1 question tho....where's tha driver gonna sit? :roll: Or do yu have a certain height requirement in mind.....say 4' 5". :wink:

Zeb :twisted:

• 1 month later...

Awesome look! A buddy and I were tempted to buy an early-'70s gasser with a modified Vette body that looked a lot like yours before you lengthened the front end. They'd re-proportioned and flared the stock Vette body panels, then bonded them all together for a funnycar-style flopper, even though it was on a more traditional, SWB side-steer chassis.