Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

amt fruehauf tanker reissue.

it looks like the fruehauf gas tanker will be chrome this time. that will look good behind the reissued kenworth k123. :lol:

did you allready get the new reissue tanker? if not how did you find out? and anything looks good behind them old kenworth and peterbilt cabovers, lol !

i keep trying to find the k123 but no luck, i saw somewhere both the tanker and kw were gonna be released the first weak of september. hmmmmmmm???

dennis

the add for the tanker and kenworth was at horizon hobbies.i think thats how you spell it. lol

hmmmmmm......... well i guess im gettin a new one then, lol!! ive got 5 of the old kits (unassymbled) id much rather have a chrome tanker, did they say anything about release dates for tanker and kw??

dennis

hmmmmmm......... well i guess im gettin a new one then, lol!! ive got 5 of the old kits (unassymbled) id much rather have a chrome tanker, did they say anything about release dates for tanker and kw??

dennis

Dennis, I just checked Horizon Hobbies site, and they are showing the KW as early December 2010 and the tanker as early November 2010, both just in time for the ole Christmas list! :lol:

i know, never had the old chrome tanker. wonder what decals will be in the new KW kit, interstate? or some new ones.

I don't know, but if they hold to form, it will probably have the old ones with new ones, too. I know the log trailer had the old General Constuction" (I think that was the name without looking) decals and also new DOT stripe markings.

Great news :)

The "Chrome" plated tanker version (1971) totally vanished for well over 35 years ...another great reissue, hope we get the vintage TEXACO logos illustrated on pic for tanker &...tractor, will chrome tank parts be pack in "wax" paper? B):D:P

...Other long gonner: KW K123 surely welcome too, after absence of over 20 years....wondering what will be the reissued version decals...Intestate Motor Freight Syst, of first 1971 edition T520 kit. :P:P:P

denis, what is super clean? where do u get it. an all chrome trailer to me looks funny. a chrome frame and rear axles is a bit much,lol ;)

the cheepest place to get it is walmart, its called castro super clean but walmart has an off brand called super purple that is just as good. you can use it over and over, ive got a lil square baby wipes bucket that is just perfect for soakin and i havent changed it out once yet, lol its got an awfull color to it now but still goin strong. 2 gallon jug costs about $14 but well worth it, cause it is good for cleaning all kinds of stuff round the house, automotive etc etc.

dennis

This is pretty cool news! Too bad I already have four of the original Sunoco issues. I bet they won't have the problem this time that the originals had. After the tanker halves were plated, they were wrapped in butcher paper and placed into the boxes by hand. This led to many kits accidently getting two left halves or two right halves rather than a left and a right.

the cheepest place to get it is walmart, its called castro super clean but walmart has an off brand called super purple that is just as good. you can use it over and over, ive got a lil square baby wipes bucket that is just perfect for soakin and i havent changed it out once yet, lol its got an awfull color to it now but still goin strong. 2 gallon jug costs about $14 but well worth it, cause it is good for cleaning all kinds of stuff round the house, automotive etc etc.

dennis

I think you mean "Castrol Super Clean". Castro super clean, is something found in Cuba on bath night! LOL

dennis

Hey the stuff at walmart do you mean "Purple Power" ? its like a degreaser type cleaner?