Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whos gonna build one like this?

Check this thing out. someones gonna have to build it..lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Kenworth-T-800-cab-chassis-/220670510596?pt=Commercial_Trucks&hash=item3360fcc604

T-800 445" wheelbase......yikes!!! and it is a tractor..

Scott

Ps, i have nothing to do with it or its sale, just thought it was kool and wanted to share it.

lol, you aint kidding dennis, i'd like to know the story behind it. 50 k rears 20 k f/a but the legnth would prohbit any real weight on the frame. our thoughts were it was set up for an rv style bunk and maybe to pull a stacker..ie: auto and reletively small power (475) maybe aussie or some where theres exceptionaly long straight stretches.

Scott

Check this thing out. someones gonna have to build it..lol

T-800 445" wheelbase......yikes!!! and it is a tractor..

Scott

I got it covered, Scott! Ok, so it's not a T800, and this one only has a 345" wheelbase, but it's close enough! :P

HPIM2151.jpg

oh heck scott its only 37 feet long, lol once ya get that thing around the corner ya outa be able to master pullin a 60 footer!! yigity yikes!!!

dennis

By the way, Dennis, my big Ford is about 38 scale feet long, and I'm pulling a 40' trailer, too! :lol:

HPIM2110.jpg

And, I know, I have to get back working on it!

lol, Matt, i was wonderin if you'd pop in with that monster... that thing is huge!!

Ps, i think your over weight just in fuel.... your carring 900 gal of fuel it looks like @ 7 lb to the gal. is 6300 lb...yikes!!! you might need hazmat/tanker cert just to drive it... :P

Scott

Dave, dosent appear to have much @ all, justa lotta frame and a fifth wheel, the people that have it dont know story, its been shipped around to try and get rid of it, forign buyer stiffed kw, miles are from moving it around country... only way to realy sell it here in states is cut it down, u can get around emissions if ya know how to do it.

Scott

lol, Matt, i was wonderin if you'd pop in with that monster... that thing is huge!!

Ps, i think your over weight just in fuel.... your carring 900 gal of fuel it looks like @ 7 lb to the gal. is 6300 lb...yikes!!! you might need hazmat/tanker cert just to drive it... :P

Scott

Yep, you should have known I'd pop in with the beast with the title for the thread! :P

By the way, why do I need to worry if I'm overweight or not? DOT scales are meant to be driven around, aren't they?!? :D You added the weight up pretty good, too! :D You do make one slight mistake, though. The big dog will have a 1,000 gallon liquid capacity. I figure the front 4 tanks are 150 gallons each and the last 4 are 100 gallons each, and only 6 are fuel tanks, for 800 gallons of fuel. The back 2 are for water for the sink and shower in the sleeper! :lol: Oh, and I did have my HAZMAT at one time! :lol:

Matt, ahh ya got me..lol, didnt know u were using 2 for water. are they potable water tanks? if so wheres your black and gray water going? hee hee ;) i such a s*#t stirrer..lol

Scales, what scales??? we dont need no stinking scales...

Scott

Scott, one will be potable and the other is for the stinky stuff! :) And speaking of the stinky stuff, we're truckers, what do you expect! I've stirred my fair share! :D

I don't have much use for the scales, either! I just have to make sure I don't go through Frostburg, MD with the Ford, those (insert your favorite four letter [or longer] word here ;) ) put me out of service more than once AND gave me the tickets to go with it! I just never found a good way to get around them!