Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Toyota corolla levin te27 with 7m-gte Fujimi 1/24

melo

hi everyone.this is my first post to this web site.i hope you ll enjoy :lol:

i have started to build up a 70 corolla(te27).but i want it to be a little different ;) so i take the soarers engine (7m-gte supra'engine) and try to put it on.

first of all the box of the model and contents,

by the way the wheels are also fujimi.

22.jpg

21.jpg

20.jpg

as you could see it isnt a detailed model.even the engine seems more detailed <_< (engine is tamiya soarer's)

19.jpg

so i started to cut the bottom of the car,

18.jpg

it doesnt seem to fit.its too big,

17.jpg

yes it didnt fit so i needed to cut some more of the bottom,

6.jpg

it was still too large but after making some little cut and slash action its in :lol: also check that other car in the photo.it is the chasis of the soarer.it is much longer,

5.jpg

Edited by melo

so cut the hood.put the engine in and take some more photos,

4.jpg

3.jpg

its going to be something like this,

2.jpg

lasty i put and tried the wheels on the car.they look nice.aspecially after painted i hope they will be much better :lol: also ride height will be some thing like this.

1.jpg

so i put the engine together to see how its going to look.so i put the engine.

4-1.jpg

bottom view,

3-1.jpg

after i put intake manifold, headers, radiator and air filter to see what is it gonna look like,

2-1.jpg

so this is it for today :)

Edited by melo

Nice work so far. I could be wrong (I'm not a vintage Toyota expert by any means,) but the grille looks like a '73, mainly from the "gills" on each side of the headlights. I HAVE to get this kit and build it for my sister, as it was her first car. Of course, it wasn't the Levin with the fender flares, etc., but I wasn't aware this kit was even available. Hers was that "mustard" yellow, and was a really neat and good little car. We had some wild times in it that are still spoken of today! :rolleyes:

so after all those i put the dif in place.but the shaft was too long for the engine.so i shortened it.

sorry i dont know the name of the stuff i use in there.

32.jpg

i painted black in the morning.so we are almost ready the put the engine in!

33.jpg

This is looking good. Not an easy task to add an engine to a curbside but you;re doing a great job. At first I thought the engine was too far back in the chassis but the in last photo of the engine bay it looks just right. Very interesting build. :rolleyes:

todays last photos.

some detailing to the engine bay.yes they are from soarer :rolleyes: left- up radiator hose, middle fuse box, bottom battery and fuse box.right- up radiotor, middle brake master.

35.jpg

the part on right bottom was the travers of the te27.i used it to make the engine mounts.i thought i can also make a transmission mount from it.

36.jpg

a took this photo to show where will be the exhaust will be but it seems like it in middle.

38.jpg

this is it for now.i need to choose color before i proceed.

thnx for watching.

i have had a promlem with the body so i change my mind.i thought i ll paint it black but...

i painted the engine again and fixed it.i also attached the brake master, fuse box, air filter and turbo,

19-1.jpg

bottom view,

17-2.jpg

Trying with radiator,radiator hose, intake manifold,

16.jpg

Edited by melo

lastly i painted the body.i made some mistakes on the painting so it went to dot3.but i didnt have much time.so get it back about an hour.i cleaned it with my hand.the paint looks like rust after all that work.i liked it.so i ll build my junk yard diorama.thats my last disicion, B)

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

its gonna be a real sleeper.aspecially in a junk yar :lol:

6-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

• 4 months later...