Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint Color

Hi,

I'm the new guy, Hello everyone,I'm 65 and getting back into building models. I build Emergency vehicles and big rig trucks. I have been all over the webb trying to find out the color of a caterpillar deisel engine. I've been to several hobby shops and all I get is that its yellow. But what shade yellow? Any help would be greately appreciated.

skip...

Not to sound lke a smart aleck, but the color would be Catapillar Yellow, which is i would describe as a dark mustard yellow. If you plan on building alot of Cat engines, you might check out the local farm store, like Tractor Supply, spray paint racks. You should be able to find Cat Yellow there.

Not to sound lke a smart aleck, but the color would be Catapillar Yellow, which is i would describe as a dark mustard yellow. If you plan on building alot of Cat engines, you might check out the local farm store, like Tractor Supply, spray paint racks. You should be able to find Cat Yellow there.

Thanks for the reply, I have asked for caterpillar yellow, but the answer is always yellow. I'll try the farm store.

Thanks for the reply, I have asked for caterpillar yellow, but the answer is always yellow. I'll try the farm store.

Another place you might try is a truck dealership if you have one close. If your lucky, you might even have a CAT dealer near you, and I'm sure they would have it.