Model Cars Magazine Forum

v-8 s-10

stepside83

its an amt 1994 ss s-10 im trans forming into a v-8 conversion, with a 350 and 350 turbo trans out of my 84 gmc the motor is 60% done i like to do them first not sure why just how i am, i shaved the 3rd brake light from cab roof and the gas door. also the body side moldings, i bought a resin cowl hood for it but it was really warped and missed shaped so i saved the scoop and ditched the rest of hood, im goona some how mold it on to stock hood, (any ideas on how to do this im all ears first custom build ever) bought pegasus 19" "t's" also in the pic with bed i got resin fuel cell which is prety much where its gonna go and a resin a-pillar 3 gauge pod sitting in front of bed i think im goning to mold it to the top of the dash instead of the a-pillar but well see the color on the engine block is testors one coat lacquer lime ice, and the body color is going to be testors lacquer blazing black on top or bottom, and the lime ice on top or bottom one or the other will be the top color and the other the bottom color any sugestions on that? or ideas? thanks heres the pics its a slow going process dont have much time to work on it but will post as much as i can

post-5606-079918200 1285880756_thumb.jpg

post-5606-013661400 1285880768_thumb.jpg

post-5606-031268400 1285880808_thumb.jpg

grimreaper, id love to have a ram air hood i thought when you said you were gonna make a hood for this model that it was a cowl hood, id so much rather have a ram air style hood, if that is what your makeing ill wait and use the scoop for something else let me know when i can buy one and how much thanks

ericstone, i bought the hoood off a fellow on ebay who does resin parts, i cant remember his name but the gaps werent right the end of the hood pretty much came to a point, just want happy with it, and i dont know if youd say drg truck, its more along the lines of a weekend toy, that could win a race or two and a show all in the same weekend kind of build, this build is bascily what id like to do to an s-10 some day even tho v-8's in s-10's have been done millions of times, its just something ive always found very cool thanks