Model Cars Magazine Forum

Newest issue of SCR magazine-not likely!

I think I might subscribe again if they would start having some "real" stock cars in it like they used to. There should be a magazine for the stock car guys like "Air Classics" is for the vintage plane guys. It has Warbirds from the first World war to at least Korea, classics from the twenties and thirties along with coverage of the air races at Reno.

If we had something like that for our kind of racing it might look something like this. Looks like good readin' to me.

SCRMOONSHINE.jpg

It's really sad when your favorite magazine, or comic or even news paper, has to resort to changing like this, but mostly its to try and draw in other readers. Or such a change is due to economic circumstances, one never really knows why they like to change things for the worse. I have had to drop my own favorite Mags, and Comics ether because the Stories are not very good, Or they want to change their theme, Lets look at UFO magazine for a good example, instead of keeping up on UFO stories and Photo Shots, they now want to report more on who's who in the Celebraty world :D . Ah, I am sorry to see your favorite mag decline like this.

Well, guess ill look for a copy. My facorite time was dirt cars from 1979-84 during the NDRA racin days! The real "rockem sockem sideways traveling dirt show" But thats just my opinion! If anyone has any NDRA memrobilia id like to trade you out of it. Drew C.

Edited by zwitterman

Totally made up cover with some "real" racers on it. Rusty has been running local dirt tracks for longer than a lot of ya'll have been breathing and still winning track championships. And I added that shot of my model of my friend Junior's Chevy (Ford on the "Southern" version) just so I could post it here and be "relevant".

Here's the alternate cover for those rowdy Southern dirt trackers,

scrshine2.jpg

Drew, I've got some pics of the old NDRA that I shot at one of their races at Gaffney back in the late seventies. If I can turn'em up I'll e-mail some to you, Got a program from that night too. Mike Duval is a friend of mine. You should have seen Larry Moore and the others faces when I pulled out the HO slot cars of their cars and then showed'em the pics of my scale 4/10 mile dirt (red primer) slot track.

Edited by LUKE'57