Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Revell 379 Triaxle Dump Truck (Work in Progress)

Guys...

Just thought I woud share some pictures with all of you. Laid down the knife for awhile. Started this project late January..long way to go. It will support a 19 1/2' aluminum bed with 74" sides Lots of modifications so far..lots of parts ordered/arriving. Haven't decided on the final color as of yet. Also debating replacing the Cummins NTC 475 engine with a Series 60 Detroit Diesel.

Comments are always welcomed....Happy building to all !!

Kurt McLucas

DSCN4423.jpg

DSCN4426.jpg

Thank you guys for the comments....

Yes my intentions are to have the dump body modeled after the Ti-brook/Trail King...

The pusher axle is from (CFC) Clint Freeman Components (recently picked up on Ebay) Seeing some of his items that he produced in the past..just amazes me...

The tires are from Jamie/Mo'Luminum...(superb detail) I also have his aluminum air breathers on order as well.

Kurt McLucas

Jerry,

She'll be new all the way.

For everyone else..I decided finally to "yank" the Cummins engine..and put the Series 60 Detroit in its place.

I have a local International reseller that has a new Series 60 in the parts showroom, as a display..will hit them up shortly for detailed pictures/decals..and to buy the factory paint. I'll share pictures with anyone who needs them...

Kurt McLucas

This thing is looking good!! I like you attention to detail. Can't wait to see you dump body for this thing. The pusher axle looks good sitting under it as well. Very nice! I'm waiting on another order from Jamie as well. He has some very nice stuff for these trucks. Keep the updates coming. I like this one!! :D