Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project Super nova

Darin Bastedo

I think it's funny that today someone resurected my old Barely 'Cuda posts, as I got a wild hair to do another radical custom. So to make sure it didn't drive me nuts I had to start hacking plastic to see if my Idea would work. I started with an AMT 1966 Nova with a bad roof, and a perfectly good AMT Camaro Concept car to create this. I roughed in the bodywork, and cleaned it up in Photoshop to convey the look I'm going for. the basic shape is real, the beltline trim is photoshop, as is the erasure of the cut lines.

IMG_1802-vi.jpg

what do you guys think? a good successor to Barely 'Cuda? I'm planning to do this as soon as I finish my 57 Nomad

What do you guys think? a good successor to Barely 'Cuda? I'm planning to do this as soon as I finish my 57 Nomad

Darin, do you even have to ask? This should look great once you get it rolling, what are the plans for the front and rear ends?

Looks good to me! What I really wanna see is....oh darn I forgot the name you gave it. Was it Project Turd? You remember that blob you got from me a while back LOL

I think you mean "crudzilla" It stalleda while back due to a lack of a suitable grill and other cutom parts, but I think I found the grill I want in th epreview of the new 48 Ford coupe from revell. after that the ball will get rolling again.

• 1 year later...