Model Cars Magazine Forum

54(?) f100 First custom build

zjustin28

So, friend gave me this kit, it was pre assembled, just a box stock.

Im planning on doing a hybrid between pro stock and beefy street rod, somewhere on that line.

First order of business was chopping the top. Tops are way to high on f100s i think. No pictures of progress, but i took maybe 2mm out of the top. Didnt wanna do to much.

5163459990_b891d08547.jpg

5163461232_03dd20ff9e.jpg

(obviously not finished, need more putty for it.)

I then decided i wanna do something different with the bed. At first, i wanted to do a real wood bed, but then thought thats not to 'pro stock-ish'. Unsure of what i'll do there, but i'll figure something out.

Next were tubs. It's gonna have slicks/DR's, so obviously needed a little more room. Havent finished the tub well area, just the tubs themselves are done. Follow a tutorial i found on here for the tubs. Involved two strips of styrene, wrapping em around a pop cap, and gluing a piece to the back of it. Im extremely happy with how they turned out.

5162855955_e95b3dfb96_m.jpg

5163458760_10b538e914.jpg

5162849053_58d0f5b67f.jpg

5162853907_f4defc376f.jpg

Again, obviously not finished, but i jsut got this kit today, not too bad for 1 days work B)

As for engine, its got a decent stock one, may just detail up that one. Wheels will probably be somethign from Weld. Maybe a prostar or something fancy shmancy like that.

Stay tuned!

I think, it's '55... I'm not sure either, but I have built '55 Ford pickup and it's just like that. It can be also '53, but I'm really unsure whith that thing too. I'm not a fan of these Ford Pick Ups so much that I can say just those yearmodels...

But your progress looks very good to me. That chop top looks cool, yeah it's very high if it's original. Those inner rear fenders are looking good, that's very nice project, I keep watching this one!