Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need help with color choices for Big Boy

Hi Guys, im at the point in this project where i need to get color on the frame, wheels ect. i cant come up with a color scheme.

i need opinions. it is a work truck, but i want it to stand out also. wheels same as cab. its gonna pull a lowboy beam style trailer with the payhauler 350 on it. heres some pic's as too where it stands now, any ideas will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks Scott

PB120673.jpg

PB120677.jpg

PB120674.jpg

PB120676.jpg

PB120675.jpg

Scott, I have to agree with Dave, that thing is a beast!

As for color choice, I have to ask you a question first. What color are you thinking of for the lowboy? There are a couple construction companies around here that have their lowboys painted the same colors as their tractors. One uses a red cab and trailer paint sceme with black truck frames and the other uses a totally orange paint sceme on everything.

Thanks guys, the frame is now red, the wheels are red spokes with white rims,(some of um, have to hand paint um due to depth) i must say it looks real good. the cab will be white and red. i will post pic's next week when i get back. now i can start plumbing the steering and hyd. still a ways from dropping 16V in , waiting on turbos and styrene to plumb exh, and manifolds. i will do some checking on the stripe designs to see what i might like. thanks for the ideas.

Scott