Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom Subaru Impreza

rab_95

Hi got this model of ebay super cheap. It is a Subaru impreza wrc 03, im fond of scoobys and thought this would be a good model to do for my 2nd model. :D

subaruimpreza1002.jpg

I sprayed it Nissan Green

subaruimpreza1003.jpg

Here is a couple of mock-ups:

subaruimpreza1005.jpg

subaruimpreza1007.jpg

subaruimpreza1008.jpg

The rims are off a mini convertible but im not sure if il use them. :)

Comments are welcome good or bad, i want the inputs cheers Reece

nice choice on color.

one critique and please don't take this the wrong way:

There are mold lines on the corners of the bumpers, and also the vertical line that comes from the rear fender area down the side of the door..

what i do for that is i sand them down so the body is smooth, using sand paper polishing sets. work your way from 1800 grit down to 12000 grit. i know some people think it's ridiculous to go that far with the sand paper, but it's easier to get rid of sanding scuff marks when you go to polish it. The end result is a paint job that doesn't take much to polish up and make a mirror-type shine.

keep up the good work :)

as far as other paint suggestions:

i think these cars look good as one solid color. The body lines are almost too aggressive and sharp to have a fluid stripe going down the side (this being my opinion of course).

the only place that i personally think a pinstripe would be visually nice is if you start at the front corner near the headlight and have it go straight back between the door handles and the window trim working your way to the back of the car. You could even have it wrap around completely like it's one complete pinstripe starting on both of the front fenders. i'll try to fiddle with your picture so you can understand what i mean.

i bet if you painted the little thin parts around the door a semi-gloss black it would look like weather stripping and give you a little more color than the greenish goldish silver (i'm thinking of calling that color grolver)

Edited by wgflatliner

alright here's my poorly edited rendition of your photo of what i meant earlier:

subaruimpreza1003modified.jpg

the mold lines down the side of the car and the front corner (also do the rear corners) is poorly edited to make them look like they're sanded down.

the black stripe starts on the corner of the fender, and goes to the back and completely wraps around the back to the other side of the car and finishes at the same spot on the other fender. one solid stripe starting at the fenders!

did i mention my renditions are horrible in MS paint?