Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Mustang GT "Bullitt"

TheCat

Well actually I think that it is a great build :lol: , Though I do think that the Green color is alittle off.... only alittle... But close enough. I also know you love the Accuracy and Details of your builds, something you have inspired me to do myself. So if you feel that you should build another then please do so, we would love to see it in all of it's accuracy :lol: . Also since there was a comment on the Background, I was wondering if you used a Projector for you backgrounds?

Edited by davyou5

Well actually I think that it is a great build :) , Though I do think that the Green color is alittle off.... only alittle... But close enough. I also know you love the Accuracy and Details of your builds, something you have inspired me to do myself. So if you feel that you should build another then please do so, we would love to see it in all of it's accuracy :wub: . Also since there was a comment on the Background, I was wondering if you used a Projector for you backgrounds?

Hi David... That's the thing I didn't like. I used a white Primer instead of gray or a darker color (I thought the green would be too dark on gray primer). So the edges of the color green is lighter (I really didn't like that). So the next one I build will look just like the real car (I hope).

I'm flattered, thank you. B)

I discovered that accuracy and the little details on models equals really nice looking builds. It gives the simplest model kits that look that you modified or added something extra.

I like building straight out of the box, but as you know lots of models out there are not 100% accurate. What counts to me is that everything else is done as close to the real thing as possible.

The background is actually a picture of a San Francisco Street that I printed on three sheets of 8x11 paper and used my dinning room table (that is black) as the floor. That table surface gives the picture the illusion of a showroom floor. :wub: