Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Truck I am working on from the fast and furious movie. Waiting on some wheels to complete it. It has a completely scratchbuild frame and rear suspension, an engine block from one of the revell pro sportsman kits with a scratchbuild intake and resin muncie four-speed. Headers are from solder. The grille was modified by highway (thanks so much :) ), I grafted two single cabs to make the quad cab, made a movie-correct roll cage, added racing seats and 5-point harnesses. The nos bottles were "turned" from aluminum rod on my drill and spray-painted transparent blue. The wooden flatbed was made from basswood strips. the two rear axles are from Monogram ford dually kits, the airbags are from plumbing seals, and the four-link suspension is scratchbuilt. The wheels are modified ford dually parts. for the rears I cut out the center axle attachment from a wheel and used the rim from another and created my own center insert. the fronts I modified with a lot of bondo. They are right now with Alan from ma's resin and should hopefully be shipped within the next week but I am not holding my breath.

STewart

The Engine

DSCN2728.jpg

DSCN2731.jpg

The Concept

fe_658_717.jpg

DSCN3009.jpg

The bed

DSCN2863.jpg

The Wheels

DSCN2740.jpg

Rear suspension