Model Cars Magazine Forum

1989 VW GTI, schwarz wie die Mitternacht!

kerc

This is a Revell Volkswagen GTI, assembled box-stock except for a set of custom wheels and drilled brake rotors (I drilled all the holes by hand!), lowered suspension, and engine wiring and plumbing. The theme? Black as midnight! If I had a GTI, this is the theme I would follow...

None.jpg

None.jpg

None.jpg

None.jpg

None.jpg

Again, I don't remember if this has been posted here before, if so, my apologies for the spam. :D

Is there really any other color choice? B) These cars just look best in black. Nice job on one of my favorite sleeper econoboxs, we had a 1976 VW Rabbit when I got my license so I have a soft spot for them even if VW did change the name (always will be a Rabbit to me :lol: )

now if only there was a model vr6 motor to put inside it. then it'd be a 1:1 I'd like to own

I own a 95 gti a 96 jetta and a 2000 passat in real life.. I'm a little obsessed with them and if I didn't need a 4x4 so bad I know where a baby blue 80's convertable is in great shape, I'd almost be willing to buy it and gut my gti for the drivetrain... or at least swap in my 2.0 out of my jetta.

all in all nice build you did it the way it should have been done.

Fahrvergnügen B)

now if only there was a model vr6 motor to put inside it. then it'd be a 1:1 I'd like to own

I own a 95 gti a 96 jetta and a 2000 passat in real life.. I'm a little obsessed with them and if I didn't need a 4x4 so bad I know where a baby blue 80's convertable is in great shape, I'd almost be willing to buy it and gut my gti for the drivetrain... or at least swap in my 2.0 out of my jetta.

all in all nice build you did it the way it should have been done.

im on my second passat myself

(with my dad driving a B5 passat variant, my sister a mark 3 golf, and my mom driving a polo i was bound to get one one day)

my first one was a B5.5 bare bones passat, 1.8 turbo

i had the ECU redone by speedtuningUSA, it would spike at 18 PSI and hond 16 all day long

i had a set of jetta GTI rims on it and it was an awesome sleeper

then i traded in for a 2.0T B6

i still miss that "getting rear ended by a freightrain" feeling once you hit boost

it was almost like hitting 88 MPH in a delorean