Model Cars Magazine Forum

REAL ALUMINUM TRUCK WHEELS!!!!!!

Ok guys, I thought some of you out there may be interested in these new wheels I designed and teamed up with Jim Littiken to produce by CNC in real aluminum. These won't be for everyone because they are not cheap but I think some of you will be interested. The wheels are going to cost 12.00 each (per wheel) but for a very limited time, If you tell Jim that I sent you, you can purchase them for 10.00 a piece. I designed these as direct replacements for 90% of the AMT and Ertl wheels. They fit all the AMT and ERTL tires other than the bigger Uniroyal's found in the Freightliner cabover kits, Western Star, Road Boss, Etc. I also contracted RB Motion to make some special lug nuts that I designed to go with these wheels. The lug nuts are .45 each. If any of you are interested in purchasing some of these wheels, please contact me directly.

Rearsplitrim.jpg

CopyofMVC-023F.jpg

Aluminumsplitrimtenholes.jpg

Aluminum5hole.jpg

More pics can be found on my Fotki site in the "Model Truck Wheels" album.

http://www.public.fotki.com/lotso/

Edited by Ben

do you have any plans to do the ones for the italeri kits? I would be interested in a set of those, but I never really liked the 22.5" tire/wheel design amt had out....also do the outer trim rings come as a seperate piece or do the tires just slide between the lips like a real rim?

Chad

Hey guys, there are some newer style Alcoa wheels in the works that will fit the Italeri tires but they are a ways off from being available. The wheels you see in the pics are now also going to be available in the larger 22" size found in the Freightliner cabover kits, Western Star kits, White Road Boss, etc. These new bigger wheels will fit the Italeri tires as well but they are not accurate for a modern truck. The newer wheels being made will be accurate for all the modern trucks.

The wheels that are available now are 20" in 1/25 scale and the lock ring is a separate piece. The builder needs the plastic lock rings from an AMT kit.

• 1 year later...