Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 El Camino

catpack68

i just started working on this one.our model car club is having a 64-72 chevelle build.i started with the revell 66 el camino kit and i added the front clip,bumper and grill from the revell 67 chevelle kit.the tailights and rear bumper will be from 67 kit too.i plan to use pegasus big and little chrome T's.

039-1.jpg

043.jpg

here is the elcamino that inspired me to do this model.the mothers polishes 67 el camino.i might go with this color scheme.i have not decided yet.

0508sc_01z1967_chevrolet_el_caminoleft_front_view-2.jpg

0508sc_02z1967_chevrolet_el_caminoright_rear_view-1.jpg

more updates soon.

• 4 weeks later...

after a unexpected move into a new place,i got a work bench set up to start back on this one.the body is in primer.i still have a lot of body work to do before paint.the kit engine has a freds resin workshop intake and carbs for a diffrent look.the headers were made from solder with aluminum tube for the collectors.holes for the reverse lights were cut into rear bumper.the bumpers will be painted with alclad.i hope to get it painted this weekend.more updates soon.

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

004.jpg

I built one of these around three years ago to practice converting the '66 wagon,but never have built a wagon yet. I swapped the entire front clip on my conversion which made for very little body work. Mine still has the '66 rear bumper. Someday I may get around to widening the '67 bumper and replacing it. Are you going to paint the bumpers or rechrome them?