Model Cars Magazine Forum

Italeri Australian Truck

Got a question. I am like an insect to bright lights when it comes to the Road Trains over in Australia. How accurate is the Australian Truck? I see from crusin the net some have the bigger round headlights, and some have the regular lookin square ones. It's also missin the rear fenders. is there anything else I'm not seein, that could be corrected?

CDA

Got a question. I am like an insect to bright lights when it comes to the Road Trains over in Australia. How accurate is the Australian Truck? I see from crusin the net some have the bigger round headlights, and some have the regular lookin square ones. It's also missin the rear fenders. is there anything else I'm not seein, that could be corrected?

CDA

Hi, the steering box needs moved for the right hand drive and the windscreen wipers changed over as well as these are both still set up for left hand drive in the kit.The round and square head lights were an option so both are ok to use. The spoked wheels supplied are not great so use the disc wheels or source some aftermarket wheels. These changes will get you closer to a real Australian spec version along with adding the rear fenders. Cheers Tony.

Could've asked this in the first question, I have two of the Revell Road Train trailers. How far off are they? I know the model isn't even 40 scale feet. The trailers over there are '45 correct? How about the draw bar on the converter dollies, how long are the real ones?

CDA Ihad one of the road train trailers and it was destroyed but it was close enough but I dont remember if it was 1/24 th scale here are a few pics of my Western Star Australia

th_DSC00019.jpg

th_DSC00020.jpg

th_DSC00021.jpg

th_DSC00025.jpg

I discovered after it was finished I forgot to reverse the wipers

Edited by Madd Trucker

Could've asked this in the first question, I have two of the Revell Road Train trailers. How far off are they? I know the model isn't even 40 scale feet. The trailers over there are '45 correct? How about the draw bar on the converter dollies, how long are the real ones?

The trailer is to short to look like a real road train, most are around the 45 scale feet area, the draw bar is a little short as well. Auslowe sell a dolly that is a good version of the proper dolly. Sorry a can`t help with a scale length, maybe a search of trailer manufacturers in Australia may help.

In regards to trailers, we have in general 40, 45 and 48 ft. Roadtrains will generally still use 40 ft tri-axle trailers.

Try these websites and see if they are of any use:

Vawdry trailers, Freighter trailers, Outback trailer brochure which is quite interesting, Moore Trailers.

Thanks! After picking through the links, and getting an eye full, I found all sorts of stuff for my project!

Edited by CDA