Model Cars Magazine Forum

'99 Silverado Custom

I am building one as well, I wanted to chop the roof but decided not to go through with it because i chopped it down into a single cab.
After seeing the roof chop on yours it makes me regret my decision of not doing it.

Keep it up it is looking dope.

That smooth inner bed looks killer!

Just an FYI that you may wanna throw around here based upon what I did to my 1:1 S10. This may save you some time on frame fabbing so you could just throw in a notch. I raised my bed floor 4 inches via body drop and then I put a 4 inch lift spacer kit on the bed. This essentially raised the bed floor while keeping the bedsides at stock height to align with the cab. I did not want to body drop the cab of a truck with 60K miles on it.

With that already smooth inner bed, you could put in a raised smooth floor and some smooth mini tubs over the tires and it would look really slick! Add in some spacers between the bed floor and frame. step notch it, add a filler panel at the back of the bed floor, and everything would be all good.

Edited by Skydime