Model Cars Magazine Forum

First 2011 builds

Sam Cates

While there are about ten more builds from last year I didn't post yet, I thought I would just leave a link to the rest of my photos on photobucket. Now to start off the new year, I finished the 64 GTO that has been laying on the bench for quite some time at various stages over the last 6 months. I acquired the Edsel at my clubs Christmas party gift exchange (believe me, I wasn't too happy that my daughter traded the 69 Baldwin Motion Camaro for it while I wasn't looking) But I make the best of it.

http://s1213.photobucket.com/home/amber_74_camaro

The Monogram 64 GTO:

Painted in Testors lacquer GTS Blue pearl (wheels have gold centers)

Added plug wires, throttle cable, heater hoses, vacuum line to brake booster, and fuel line

Interior was just a rush job to get it off the bench but I think I will pop it apart and put some time into it later, and of course I stuff a tiger in the trunk...

PHTO0083.jpg

PHTO0082.jpg

PHTO0085.jpg

PHTO0087.jpg

PHTO0084.jpg

The AMT 58 Pacer:

I knew I couldn't build this car stock, and the more I looked at the box, the uglier the car got.

Painted with Go Mango base, Roadstar orange pearl over coat

Dropped a 427 Cobra in with plug wires and fuel line. Also added power brake booster, didn't have room for much more detail.

Wheels are from the Fireball 500 kit (sliced off the front lip and added back wheel half to front for the wide rears)

Shifter from Bad News, tires and steering wheel from parts box, dual exhaust dumped in front of rear axle

Flipped front spindles to lower front end, interior is two tone tan with orange and white accents

PHTO0092.jpg

PHTO0089.jpg

PHTO0090.jpg

PHTO0091.jpg

PHTO0001.jpg

Edited by Amber_74_Camaro

Good grief you have two, great builds, done and I haven't even been at my bench yet this year

Yeah, I am "technically" a full time student but I am only taking three non program classes this quarter so I have quite a bit of free time, not much homework for the classes...