Model Cars Magazine Forum

[HELP] Aoshima Hilux SSR-X

ericmaxman

Guys,

I bought this kit some time last year (or was it 2 years ago)

180402_1895587309059_1222865772_32267891_5172273_n.jpg

Pretty decent kit, for US$ 1.50

But the catch was that, this was all that was included ->

180031_1895590069128_1222865772_32267902_3696133_n.jpg

And the body. Clear parts, manual, and several wheels were NOT included. I've emailed Aoshima about this, but they seemed less than helpful in this matter. Any other way I can get some help for this kit?

I am not sure what Aoshima could do to help. It looks like just some parts leftover from another build. It would probably be cheapest just to buy another of the Aoshima hilux kits. I have seen them for around 15 to 20 bucks. The missing body, glass, and tires means missing most of the kit - at least the important parts.

Guys,

I bought this kit some time last year (or was it 2 years ago) and the body. Clear parts, manual, and several wheels were NOT included. I've emailed Aoshima about this, but they seemed less than helpful in this matter. Any other way I can get some help for this kit?

Not sure why you would think Aoshima should send you the replacement parts? Two years and a kit you obviously knew was missing pieces. They probably don't even have anymore in stock.

I would either get another kit or just throw those parts in your parts bin. You could post up in the wanted section or in the swap trade section if you have stuff to trade I am sure someone here has the kit you might be able to trade for it. You could try eBay.

Also the on the workbench section was not the proper place for this.

I am not sure what Aoshima could do to help. It looks like just some parts leftover from another build. It would probably be cheapest just to buy another of the Aoshima hilux kits. I have seen them for around 15 to 20 bucks. The missing body, glass, and tires means missing most of the kit - at least the important parts.

Finding another one of those kits would be hard, as I havent seen anyone building this kit locally.

Not sure why you would think Aoshima should send you the replacement parts? Two years and a kit you obviously knew was missing pieces. They probably don't even have anymore in stock.

I would either get another kit or just throw those parts in your parts bin. You could post up in the wanted section or in the swap trade section if you have stuff to trade I am sure someone here has the kit you might be able to trade for it. You could try eBay.

Also the on the workbench section was not the proper place for this.

Sorry about being in the wrong place, as I thought that this section would be appropriate. My apologies then. :rolleyes: