Model Cars Magazine Forum

1984 Indy Fiero Pace Car

KT EASTMAN

Heres what I hope to achive...I am trying to replicate the 1984 Pontiac Indy Fiero Pace Car. There are two ways I could of gone, building the Actual pace car or a replica production version. I chose to do the actual pace car. Hopefully I will finish this sometime sooner than later!!! LOL!!!

1984pacecarjk9.jpg

OK, I am starting out by using a Revellogram '85 Fiero GT. It is the closest to the look though not 100% accurate is what I have been told. I dug up some wheels that are kinda close from a Dodge Daytona kit. I am hoping to get some wheels from a Galaxie trailer as I was told that those may be closer to the actual wheels except for the holes.

fieroind2zh9.jpg

Well, all the body work is complete including removing the right side "intake" scoop that was never on the 1:1. There were a few small sink holes close to the nose and on the roof but they were easy to fill. I chose to shoot the first coats of primer in white. I hope it does not bleed or I will end up with a Pink Pace Car!!! LOL!!!! I still need to do some light sanding than it is back to paint to get a final coat of primer than it shold almost be ready for paint!! BTW, I got the Pace Car decals off of a vender on E-Bay. I sure am glad someone make them!!!

f4yr6.jpg

f3wy8.jpg

Ditto that!

One of my favorite cars of the '80's when there weren't too many favorites to pick from. Somehow I like the notchback roofstyle with the GT nose better than the fastback roof that came for '86.

It would have been nice if Pontiac could have did more with that car instead of killing it off so soon! :o

Keep us posted!

• 2 months later...

I have had a few people ask about what happened to my Indy Fiero??? Well, it still exists though progress is going much slower than originally expected. I should have some updates soon as I am starting on the interior. The bodywork is finished and is awaiting the color. With the recent GoodGuys show here in Colorado I had to put the Fiero away and get a few older builds back in shape to show at the event. Now that its over, I should have a bit more time to devote to the Indy Fiero project and mabe I will have it done before Christmas!!! :lol: LOL :lol: KT

i had a fiero in 88 i was the second owner oh ya it melted two weeks after i got it i guess thay had elctr probs i still think thay are cool looking cars i was thinking of trying to find that kit and melt it and set it on the back of a flatbed just for kicks good luck on yours it looks good so far

I like your project. These were cool little cars back then. I wonder what a well preserved one would be worth now. They would still look good now even sitting next to an Eclipse.

At least around here they are not worth that much unless you can find an awesome example. The earlier Fieros were plagued with problems mechanical/electrical etc. They say if you want a Fiero to drive than the later Fiero Formula is the one to get. Just when Pontiac worked out most of the bugs they pulled the plug. KT

• 8 months later...
OK, I am starting out by using a Revellogram '85 Fiero GT. It is the closest to the look though not 100% accurate is what I have been told. I dug up some wheels that are kinda close from a Dodge Daytona kit. I am hoping to get some wheels from a Galaxie trailer as I was told that those may be closer to the actual wheels except for the holes.

fieroind2zh9.jpg

Hey, not sure where you're at with this project, but just in case, for my Fiero Pace Car project I'm using the custom wheels from the MPC 1970 GTO. It looks awesome by the way.