Model Cars Magazine Forum

HELP??

chevy8765

I am new too this i always buy the little model kits too put together and they turn out rather good but i am looking for something different.I am really looking too build Pro mod cars but cant find kits anywhere and i was wondering how too go about on doin this.do i build from scratch?where would i start?i need help on this

Those are GREAT pro mod kits( 55/57 Chevy's, 55 Ford, and Christine), but they MAY be a little more complicated than what your used to. They DO build up nicely with not alot of work, but there's ALOT of peices, and they go in some tight spots. Perhaps just buildin up a coupla Drag styled cars, till you get up to speed might help. These are some nice kits though, and once you get your skills honed, they can be built up into some KILLER models!:);)

I agree with George 53, the Revell Pro-Mods/Pro-Sportsman models are real nice, & it might be easier to start with something a little different, but if you want to try, I get most of my P/M's from Model Express, the '55 & '57 Revell models are also out as "Street Burners", they might be at your local hobby shop. Tyrone does build some excellent P/M's, & most of his builds are scratch built chassis's & resin bodies (from Flash Points Resins), Slixx & Model Express also carry Flah Points bodies. Good Luck in your builds & welcome to the Forum, you will find lots of helpful people here.

I'm definitely a few rungs down the ladder from the skill of Tyrone,so I use a lot of the 55/57 chev top sportsman kits as the basis for my builds. Theres some great resin bodies for Pro Mods out there...... Flashpoint Motorsports, Top End Miniatures to just name a couple, I'm sure there's some more that I don't know about either. Here's a link to my builds, as said all have utilized the top sportsman chassis and tin although some are slightly modified.

You'll have to follo my sig and go to the doorslammer album because photobucket has locked me out at the moment

Thanks for the kind words guys, all of my builds start out with the 55/57 chevy chassis, I usually remove the firewall and the tranmission tunnel and the build the cage and everything else around that, what I like about them is with minor modification they will fit under almosy any body, Altough I dont consider myself a pro, If there are questions I can answer just ask....

Thanks for the kind words guys, all of my builds start out with the 55/57 chevy chassis, I usually remove the firewall and the tranmission tunnel and the build the cage and everything else around that, what I like about them is with minor modification they will fit under almosy any body, Altough I dont consider myself a pro, If there are questions I can answer just ask....

Tyrone, I don't think you give yourself enough credit, you build awesome cars man.