Model Cars Magazine Forum

New project! My 94 Integra replica/dream build!

JPR

Well I have been wanting to do this build for quite some time now, actually ever since I got into this hobby.

Alittle back ground info on my old Integra and the plans for this build. A few years back even before I had my license I had always wanted a 94-01 Integra, I eventually got a chance to buy one of my dream cars and went for it! I got myself a beautiful 94 Acura Integra with an LS/VTEC swap, suspention, mint interior, and more. I loved this car, it was everything I wanted!...or so I thought.

Here she is!, or was. My 94 Thunder Grey Integra.!

004.jpg

I had huge plans for her! Full 98+ front and rear end conversion, new suspention and wheels, and down the line a turbo or GSR motor swap. However, I never got the chance to do any of this

The reason being is that The perfect car that I loved...was not as perfect as I thought. Because of my hasty buy I failed to pay attention to several things about the car. I soon found out that it had been wrecked, not bad I thought, until I discovered that the whole left rear quarter panel was body filler :wub: After that discovery things just got worse. I found out that the motor was some sort of frankienstien build that was held together with zip ties. I aslo discovered that the VTEC did not work properly. No big deal I thought, I would just save up and fix it, and then the worst happened.

I soon found out from a friend that the owner had coppied the keys to the car the day before it was sold to me. They then gave the keys to a car thief they were friends with. I would literaly watch people drive past my house trying to scope out a way to get the car! It had to be blocked in nightly just so It would not get stolen. I then came to a desision, I was going to sell what had started off as my dream car.

So I sold her. I found someone who lived far enough away that the theives would not be a problem and that could fix her and make her how she should have been. That was a few years back and I am still on the search for another Integra, this time however I will do my reaseaerch.

Now! Sorry about the long story but onto the build plans. I will be building this Integra to be what I wanted my 94 to be. With the body, rim,suspention, and motor that I had planned. So, let the building begin!

That's a bummer of a story, but doing a model of it should help ... and you got out of the first Integra ok. I don't remember seeing any kits of this car .. some photos would be cool, even of the starting box and body.

edit: I should have looked further down the new posts list as david has an Integra going also! :(

Edited by Foxer

Sorry for the pic wait! I will have them up tonight. The kit is the Revell Integra type R. The only differance between it and a normal Integra is the Engine, Lip, Spoiler and interior so It is a great kit to use as my base.

• 3 weeks later...