Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Roadster "Gone Wild"

RodBurNeR

Well it's been awhile since i have posted anything and i have been working on a '32 Goodguys edition Roadster. This car is as stupid and crazy as i get. I don't build every model like this so please don't treat me like a detail freak lol In fact , i plan to build a lot of vintage box art models when i get this done! This is just a mockup, the ride height will be lower in front and maybe about the same in the rear?

This is a teaser pic i guess, i will update more soon. I will also list all the parts and such used etc.....

100_2900-vi.jpg

Is that reveal in tha frame yurs or came with tha kit Bob? Kandy Purple?

Sweet! :D

Zeb

thanks for the reply! the frame was just like that from the factory. the color is Deep Cranberry Pearl by dupli color. i will update again soon as i get the body polished up! :lol:

here is the front end getting built. the drop axle was machined by Bob Dudek and the batwings or hairpins as some call them were built by Bob Dudek as well.

there are some mods being done to the chassis from the kit and suspension parts to make this all work. like i said i will make a list of parts etc when it's done. enjoy!

100_2886-vi.jpg

thanks guys! well to be honest i like the chrome headers hehe! to address the other item about the heated bluing of chrome, i was going to do that, but i need to get the stuff which is sold in little bottles. i can't think of the name at the moment.

When I do heat discoloration on exhaust manifolds and piping, I use the clarified liquid at the top of the paint bottle. I use Testor's bottle paint, and use blue, yellow, and ruby red for the heat stains. Tip- clear coat the headers first and then apply coloring- otherwise if the headers were painted with chrome or similar paint, it will reliquify and get ugly. I think your project is great and can't wait for more pix. Also can't wait for your list of the parts sources- that front axle is really nice, also the engine pulleys and belt. :D:D:D:D

It's a Ford motor in a 32 Ford nice to see. That looks like winner to me keep it coming.

thanks! yeah a few were telling me to put a Hemi in it or a sb chevy..... i can't do that, not on a street rod. if it was a hot rod or a rat rod maybe. :wink:

i got some paint and clear on the body, but the weather has not been warmest so i can get everything that needs to be the same color done. as soon as i get all the stuff in the color i will polish it out and pack it up. i am moving soon so i have to put it on hold for a bit. :cry:

100_3010-vi.jpg