Model Cars Magazine Forum

Comic Charger

I have a Cosmic Charger bosy and some related parts.I have been trying to no end to find someone that has this kit that could help me so I could try and put the pieces together so I can build mine...I need to know what chassis I can use and was told that it is a 2 piece chassis..I am trying to find picks and measurements of the 2 frame panels I need in order to try and make my own so I can buid this car...I finally got out of a building slump and found what I really want to build and cannot withpout this information,surely someone has the kit.info that could help me,kinda in dire straits here and any help would be greatly appreciated...I have the instruction sheet but dont know what outside kit parts I can use,PLEASE...pleae help,TIA,Randy

I found these links with a quick Google search. Looks just like the chassis in my AMT Hippie Hemi except for the back part where the chute mounts. Hope that helps. I think I'd grab a kit and see how it works for ya.

http://www.showrods.com/showrod_pages/cosmic_charger.html

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/instruction_sheetsh/instruction_sheets/mpc/mpc-cosmic-charger-/

thanks dude,I already have these links and sheets from another post but appreciate you taking the time toi post them for me,I know someone out here has to have one of these kits that could shed some light on the parts I'm referring to,just aint found them yet,thanks again,Randy

I found these links with a quick Google search. Looks just like the chassis in my AMT Hippie Hemi except for the back part where the chute mounts. Hope that helps. I think I'd grab a kit and see how it works for ya.

http://www.showrods....ic_charger.html

http://public.fotki....osmic-charger-/

If you like, I can measure the Hemi Hippie chassis and see if it matches the wheel base of your body. I swear it looks just like the one in the instruction sheet pics in that second link except for the chute mounts in the rear.

It is not the hippie hemi although you could probably make it work. The CS has two panes in the driver area that have the frame engraved onto them. I also think it is considerably longer than the HH although you can fix that with a little rod. A different frame would probably look better than what was in the kit and with a little scratch work would probably be better than as boxed.

It is not the hippie hemi although you could probably make it work. The CS has two panes in the driver area that have the frame engraved onto them. I also think it is considerably longer than the HH although you can fix that with a little rod. A different frame would probably look better than what was in the kit and with a little scratch work would probably be better than as boxed.

I already tried most chassis and the closest seems to be the 2 much rail, which will need to be cut back and down,thanks for the input man....

It's kinda lookin like thats the direction I'm gonna have to go,I really didn;t want to go that way as I still haven't gotten totally outta my slump and the idea of WORK is kinda puttn me off,guess I did so much detail stuff in the past just lookin for a quick fix so to speak now,thanks for all the info fella's,

Randy