Model Cars Magazine Forum

RCV build X 4

2whl

This build started on another forum where I had posted my Hailwood Ducati. Another member said it inspired him to build a bike and I asked if he would like to do a dual build. We exchanged info and came up with a common motorcycle to build. We decided on the 03 Honda RC211V Valencia machine that Rossi rode. I then decided to open the build up to any other members who wanted to do a Honda RCV bike. With the build opened up, I then decided to do three other bikes since they are all very similar. An assembly line of motorcycles. Pic of the box art and a start to the assembly line.

RCV001.jpg

RCV002.jpg

RCV004.jpg

The Valencia bike calls for MS-9 and MS-10, flourescent orange and yellow. But I can't get that from Tamiya, so I had to use Testor's Racing Orange and some R/C lexan paint from Parma as substitutes.

RCV005.jpg

RCV012.jpg

RCV014.jpg

And the assembly line continues..........The guys in the spray booth delivered all of my painted bodywork today.

RCV019.jpg

RCV015.jpg

RCV016.jpg

RCV018.jpg

So, it's back to the detailing shop to finish all of the small bits prior to assembly.

RCV020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've been doing a lot of decaling on this build. For some reason, the Valencia bike has decals that overlap onto adjacent body panels. So I temporarily assembled the body panels and decaled it. After the decals were dry, I ran an X-acto knife along the seam and added decal solvent.

RCV021.jpg

RCV022.jpg

Here is the result of the past weeks work.

RCV028.jpg