Model Cars Magazine Forum

out of your comfort zone build entry finished..

mopar01lee

this one was for the build (out of your comfort zone) i was given a lowrider ,witch was perfect cuz i don't build lowriders . well here she is my first lowrider . modified susp, BMF added, wired engine an batteries in trunk, sratched switch pannel, hoppin hydro 3 peice wheels,purple flocking added, opened trunk, braided rad hose made,nail polish paint over two diff color primers... and aluminum hydrolic cylinders on all 4 corners.enjoy.

1233.jpg

1234.jpg

1235.jpg

1236.jpg

1237.jpg

1239.jpg

1243.jpg

1245.jpg

1249.jpg

to veiw more pics or the lowrider ....PLEASE GO TO THE COMUNITY BUILD SECTION ... AND THE OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE BUILD THREAD...

Thanky you for looking

Later Days Davin

Very pretty! The image on the trunk, is that a decal? My wife thought it might have been one of those temp tattoos at first... but it does look awesome.

your wife is 100% correct.. the decalas on the trunk an the window are in fact temp tattos... good eye ..lol

Great job on this one. It looks just right. I used to be into lowriders but not so much anymore, but this one looks great. Not over done, still maintaining the lines of the 'lina, and not a lot of graphics. Nice choice of wheels and tires too.

An absolutely fantastic job.

Looks great.

But, how could anyone do that to a fantastic car like that.

Sorry, but I am old fashioned.

your wife is 100% correct.. the decalas on the trunk an the window are in fact temp tattos... good eye ..lol

Nice! That gives me a idea to try applying them to my own projects! Do you do it like normal, or is there a trick?

Nice! That gives me a idea to try applying them to my own projects! Do you do it like normal, or is there a trick?

the same as you would on your arm .. BUT ya gotta be very very carfull it will rip very easaly.. i didnt clear it either was afraid it would wrinkle. It was my first time doing a temp tatoo for a decal..lol....

an thanks for the comments much appreciated..

Edited by mopar01lee

An absolutely fantastic job.

Looks great.

But, how could anyone do that to a fantastic car like that.

Sorry, but I am old fashioned.

I kw it was the custom kit not the SD kit .. but i didnt have anouther car that i wanted to turn in to a lowrider... lol

im old fashion to i love big fast cars.. lol :lol::(:lol:

While I'm no fan of the newer-styles of Low Riders , I must congratulate you on your build :D .

Catalinas certainly were used as Low Riders , but mostly by Caucasians . I used to see Riviera , Toronodo , Grand Prix, Catalina , etc. , etc. , used as L.R.'s all of the time where I grew up . They were slightly different from the 'typical' , classic Low Rider customs : they usually had Astro Supremes , Cragar S/S ( 13" variety ) , 50's-style paint schemes , and were affixed in their lowered ride height . There were other subtle differences , but they still shared a common thread with their Hispanic , Afro , and Asian ( yes , our Asian brothers hopped-on the 'wagon , too ) brothers rides B) .

Someday when my ship comes in , I want to build a 1:1 1955 F-100 Low Rider in 60's-era garb ( Muntz 4-Track player , Organ Pipe Speakers , Astro's , the whole 9 .