Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok, Keep in mind that I took these with phone so they are not very sharp.

1305259556.jpg

The engine came out of a partially done kit so I still some painting to touch up.

I will have better pictures later, but you can see the transmission work that is done.

1305259740.jpg

This is the in-progress intake made of .010" aluminum flashing.

1305260011.jpg

The intake & carbs are just set on there for the visual.

1305260334.jpg

The body cut into panels, still have a few more cutouts needing to be done like the gas tank caps.

Now I can get in there and maybe get some progress made, been a long week and I have maybe put an hour into so I might put in a good nights worth of work.

Edited by Evilmonkeyman

The "fastback" 2D with the large rear window is referred to as the late version; the Monogram car is the early version, which fewer photos exist.

ricsandPebbleBeachCouncourse13-vi.jpg

MK; the link u posted is to a diff car, the 2E... diff body, & aerowing on pillars.

Thanks Mike!

Even though this is a later car, the detail shown around the weber carbs is nice. Not to mention that it is a gorgeous picture.

I didn't get any work done, between the races on (Rolex sports car and WRC) and general weekend running around.

I will post an update when I get some more progress done, I think I might finish the paint on the engine so that I can get the detail work started on it. I am kind of shuffling my feet waiting for some more pictures from Ron, going to sent him some pictures tomorrow I think.

• 2 weeks later...

The body panels on the Daytona and '66 Sebring car from the rear window back were just body thickness open areas. If you are going to do a detailed version the inside was bare fiberglass.

The Fujimi kit is for the '66 Nurburing, LeMans and '67 Daytona / Sebring cars. If you are planning to do the '67 car you'll need to remove the "Parascope" rearview mirror and replace the small block with a 427. I'll be looking forward to seeing your build progress and hopefully the reference images from Midland, TX.

Ed

The Monogram 2D body is from Daytona '66 practice. Jon Cole's model shown earlier in this thread has the oil (?) cooler on the rear bodywork that was added for the race. I haven't seen the Fujimi kit yet. Is it a reissue of the Modeler's kit? Modeler's made a really nice curbside 2D that could be built as the '66 Nurburgring winner or '66 LeMans version. Modelers also offered two different versions of this basic kit with resin bodies for Daytona '66 or Sebring '66.

>The body panels on the Daytona and '66 Sebring car from the rear window back were just body thickness open areas. If you are going to do a detailed version

>the inside was bare fiberglass

ah, that was exactly what i was after. thank you!

I wish I had some progress to post, but I haven't touched it in a while. Between fishing and really wanting to wait for pictures so that I can get the detail right. Also came across a thread in the tips forum on weathering with acrylics has me starting a new build to pass the time.

I will post more when this gets started back up.