Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Dodge Charger R/T

hachey

This is a picture of one of the models that i have built lately ! its a Charger i love putting this thing together! took alot of time to build this charger the body was the hardest! thanks matt

i hope enjoyed it! please comment and let me know what you think

post-7953-0-03130300-1302134284_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

man i feel like an idiot!

Hey don't feel that way, Just find the model in plastic and build one, You have a great piece there to get all the details right for it.Those Cars were painted in various shade of orange, The first cars were 1975 GM Flame Orange, Some were painted in 70-71 Mopar Go-Mango, And Hemi Orange, As far as the engine bay , Those could have been any of the factory colors offered in 1969, The best wheels, In my oppinion to use are the custom wheels out of the AMT 69 Riviera. Those are the same wheels for the GL, The best kit, Is the Revell kit, And the AMT/MPC Kit for the Front bumper, Cut the grill inserts out of the Revell grill and use them inplace of the wrong ones in the AMT/MPC Kit, I have an original MPC 69 Charger Annual that I'm restoring ,And it will be the Dirty Mary , Crazy Larry Charger. I have everything for it, I just need to pull it out and get working on it, With the kitbash I explained you can come up with a nice GL, That Grill/Bumper unit in the Revell 69 looks completely wrong to me, The bumper is to big,As is the grill surround. Grab some kits and impress us. B)