Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 vs. 72- 88 vs. 09

Harold

Here's what I've been working on for the last few weeks. I had purchased both of these this year, and thought it would be fun to compare the changes between the '69 Hurst Olds and the '72 Cutlass from Revell.

When I started, I laid down a few ground rules. The only changes could be wheels, tires and removing emblems and door handles. I wanted to just have a break from my 'concept album' approach to building (and yes, the Packard is coming along, second try, based on the Edsel).

IMG_5595a.jpg

The '69 has held up quite well. The joints between the rocker, door and fender are nice touches that show the people in charge of the project really cared. The engine and chassis have good detail, though there are a few glitches. More on that later.

IMG_5596a.jpg

The Revell '72 has benefitted from twenty years of injection molding technology, and the details were sweated so bad that Old Spice stock actually tripled at the height of the financial meltdown.

IMG_5607a.jpg

That's it for this installment. Bon soir.

Edited by Harold