Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 454 Convertible

PeterLepold

Hi buddys

I'm back...! The Handball season of my youth-team is over and I have more time for model building. BTW: My youth-team (and I as the coach) are champions of the season 2006/2007...!

Now to the new project I'm build. A good friend and me thought about it, how could have looked the '77 Monte Carlo as a convertible.

“How could have looked†for the reason, because Chevy never build a convertible of the Monte Carlo series.

And the '77 is the most beautiful Monte Carlo, Chevrolet placed ever on its wheels. So I sawed off the roof of the Revell Lowrider kit….!

Now pictures of it.

bild1.jpg

I put some additional chrom trim on its sides and some plastic sheet around of the coaming. The interior I detailed with:

- new gauges and chrom trim around the gauges

- carpet flocking

- belts

- sarter lock with key

- additional chrom trim

- steering wheel from the '70 Monte Carlo

and some more.

bild3.jpg

bild4.jpg

The convertible cover I build scratch from plastic sheet.

bild5.jpg

bild2.jpg

I'll paint it in black and white like the '70s Chevelles 454 with the stripes on the hood and trunk.

Greetings from Germany

Peter

Peter!!!

Been a long time since I've seen you post some new work. A long time my friend.

First off...congradulations on your championship!

Now on the build....as usual, it is exceptional! Your work is top notch, and I'm glad to see something new from you!

BTW, that guitar is rockin'. That's some incredible detail painting.

Hi

Thanks for the comments.

What happened with the 77 monte carlo you were building as Dale Earnhardts ride?

You'll find it here: That ain't no car, that's a racing machine....! It is finished since July last year.

Cheers

Peter

BTW: Perhaps I'll build another '77 MC (for me it is the most beautiful car of the Montes). Perhaps a four door Station Wagon. I have so many ideas in me brain, sometimes too much ideas...!!!

• 3 months later...

Hi

The '77 Monte Convertible is nearly finished. Some details I have to do to finish it. Here are some pictures of the car:

Before the convertible top was painted.

bild9.jpg

Interior is white, black and anthrazit with wooden parts (steering wheel, parts on the dashboard).

bild10.jpg

Now the convertible top is painted in white, all chrome trim added with Bare Metal Foil.

bild11.jpg

The front view.

bild12.jpg

SS454, a hot and powerfull engine in an elegant car.

bild13.jpg

Interior again.

bild14.jpg

What a beautiful line. The line looks still much better with the Convertible than with the Coupe.

bild15.jpg

Greetings from Germany

Peter