Model Cars Magazine Forum

Color Changing paint pigments for your models

Hi everyone,

My name is Wolf & I'm new to the board. I do a little bit of casting for people in the custom toy arena and make plastic resin pieces for different projects. My website is called www.SolarColorDust.com where I offer Color Changing paint pigments for your model cars. While I mainly create color changing figures for people I have had a lot inquiries about the pigments on model cars, planes and trains so I figured I would try to reach out to anyone in the forum and offer a unique way of painting your custom car.

I have the largest selection of color changing pigments on the web. My pigment, Solar Color Dust, changes colors from white to color in sunlight. I currently have 5 different colors of SCD: red, blue, yellow, orange & purple.

The second of the two is called Thermal-Dust, where it turns from COLOR to CLEAR when it is put in warm conditions of 86F or warmer; which I carry 15 different cool colors that change colors. Even the heat from your hand will change the pigment colors.

Please check out my site and see my video demonstrations; I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have :)

Wolf

www.SolarColorDust.com

Edited by SolarColorDust

And thank you for the welcome Stewart :). I make custom toys from the 80's on occasion like MUSCLE figures and weapons for different lines of toys (where I begun my resin hobbies). The paint pigment can be used in any clear medium for paint application. Laquers, varnishes, clear coats all work awesome. As long as the base you're mixing with a clear base it will bring out the fullest color change. I mix the pigment directly with clear resin to have minature figures change colors.

Lol... Well I can really give discounts at this time, but I do have "specials" every now & then and aldo remember my repeat customers :lol:. Yes, the Solar Color Dust and Thermal-Dust are both fine powders, like you mentioned the consistancy of powder sugar. I have some different videos in my projects page of my site that show the pigment in action. Please check'em out :D

welcome aboard

its always nice to see the aftermarket take a personal interest in our hobby.

there are many great builders on here and im sure tons of them would be willing to put your pigments to the test.

maybe you should consider having one orq two of these members do a review of your product ?

send them a small sample and have them disclose with the rest of us how easy it is to work with and how good the results are

feel free to shoot me a PM for my address and ill be happy to try it and write a review, though truth be told, im in the bottom 20% when it comes to painting so im sure other members would be better suited for this B)

Tell ya what; I have small half gram samples attached to business cards I hand out at conventions. I'll send a sample of the Solar Color Dust and Thermal-Dust to the first 7 people who are interested and reply totthe thread saying they want the sample. B)

I'll to get one too, if I'm not to late to the party.......