Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'40 Ford Kustom

lizzard

Boy do I like this '40. Classic looks plus some fine big and little wheels and tires. That paint is icing on the cake, so to speak. Good job on the motor detailing too. Nice to see the "nerf" bars bumpers used. Thanks for post and photos of my favorite early Ford. Patrick M

Edited by pepperdrumstix

Boy do I like this '40. Classic looks plus some fine big and little wheels and tires. That paint is icing on the cake, so to speak. Good job on the motor detailing too. Nice to see the "nerf" bars bumpers used. Thanks for post and photos of my favorite early Ford. Patrick M

Paint is testors flat black with testors clear pearl overcoat.Try it out , I did it by accident and it is pretty cool.You can't really tell in the pictures .

Edited by lizzard

Nice job, the wheels and the bumpers look just right on this one too. Did that bumper come with the kit?

Yep , its the amt street rod version of the 40 ford. I think all the versions have this bumper.Wheels came with this kit also , Keystone Raiders.

Edited by lizzard

this is proof in the pudding that dissing AMT kits is lame. put some effort in and look what you can get back! very nice. sometimes happy accidents like your pearl over flat paint turn out very nice....

those bumpers are in most issues of the '40 coupe, IIRC... very delicate things.

i have to dig out the '40 i widened the fenders on.... trying to emulate a Merc... it's in a box somewhere around here.