Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

MASSCAR show this weekend! Who else is going?

The show is at the Taunton Holiday Inn in Taunton Mass. and Saturday night they have a pizza party/trivia contest that I think is the best part of the weekend.

I will be there and taking all the photos this time.

I'll actually know what I was doing, unlike last year which still somehow managed to be good enough to get two pages in issue #121! :(

Guest Anthony Oteri

John,

Right now it looks like it could be snowing down here on Thursday. It sounds like the heavy snow is North and West of Boston, around 4-8 inches. Sunday could be a different story, this morning the weather said rain for Sunday. :(

See you then Anthony!

John, the snow/rain may cause a little bit of trouble for us too. We are headed up Thursday, or at least that was the plan. It's supposed to be snowing all day through Conneticut and here and Mass, and mom doesn't really want to drive through that (I don't drive). So, we may end up going Tomorrow or we may end up going Friday...We shall see.

Guest Anthony Oteri

John,

The weather man is talking about the chance of a big storm,probably snow starting on Sunday night going into Monday. It could be bad enough that it could postpone the Boston Marathon on Monday. It doesn't sound like you would have a problem getting in but going home could be a problem. Just thought I would let you know. Sorry :lol:

John,

The weather man is talking about the chance of a big storm,probably snow starting on Sunday night going into Monday. It could be bad enough that it could postpone the Boston Marathon on Monday. It doesn't sound like you would have a problem getting in but going home could be a problem. Just thought I would let you know. Sorry :lol:

You mean to say that's on top of the 4 to 8" inches that they're predicting for my area tomorrow?

Dang! When will winter even end?

John,

It sounds like it's going to be RAIN and not SNOW! Sunday night into Monday. How's the rear brakes?

From what I've heard, it's going to be snow from North of me to about the NH/Mass border which means I ain't making that drive.

Turns out it was a rear axle wheel bearing. Not as bad as brakes but still expensive enough to stop me from coming. Just short of $150.00 plus I've gotta have my coolant flushed ($115). My service manager recommends a new thermometer and there's a CV joint boot to be replaced.

No long distance shows for me this spring, assuming it ever happens....