Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 Ford Sectioned Sedan .

scummy

Gday , i built this about 20 years ago , i got the idea from a car of the 60's i think it was called bannana something . I think it also had something to do with HOT ROD magazine .It has about 5mm setioned around the middle , the hardest part was doin the rear boot area to stay with the factory curve,the interior had to be cut down as well and the sides cut from the interior bucket and cut down and reglued . The rolled pan was modified from the revell 29 roadster pick up . For the bonnett to be closed i had to cut the bottoms off the carbs and glue them on to the intake manifold , with look daggy so bonnett is on at all times .

P1030564.jpg

P1030565.jpg

P1030562.jpg

That has a cool look to it. The sedans are not easy bodys to section or chop and it looks like you succeeded in getting a smooth flow. I'd like to see a full side shot.

I'm partial to 40 Sedan hacking as I did one in '61 when I was 15 years old that ended up a scale 48" high ... pretty extreme. I've always wanted to recreate that as it got thrown out in an attic clean up at my Mom's house. :(

There are certain cars that are just plain and simple classics.

The 1940 Ford is one of them in my opinion.

Why? I'm not really sure.

Looks good,I like it.