Model Cars Magazine Forum

StraightlineModelrs reputation...

I didn't want to clog up the forum with a bunch of tedious BS! You asked for it and here it is. I am certain some will not be convinced so spare me the boredom of the expected.

No one can convince me that a body this radical just happened to be that similar. The panel lines are the same, the shape is the same, the wheelie bracket notches are in the same place. the bumps in the rear fender for tire clearance. If changing the nose and cutting the wing supports down is all it takes to call it your own then so be it. It is a copy. Period. End of story. Slam Dunk. Whatever.

By the way, I think mine looks better.

vette001.jpg

vette002.jpg

vette003.jpg

vette004.jpg

vette005.jpg

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

rr3.jpg

Andy

#1 > What did you start w/ to create "YOUR" 63 Vette ( a AMT 63 Vette Correct ? )

#2 > What I received was something SIMILAR to what you show in Images of that Built Up, It was sent to me by a Slot Car guy, who wanted a few of them ( it was Really Rough To say the Least )

*Honestly , I have / had NO IDEA who this Cheese Cast guy was !

nor your association w/ him ( seems you have / had a fall out between you & he )

It was Basically Garbage

That same Slot Car guy > who sent me that piece got it off Evil Bay years ago & that's all he KNEW

To be quite frank w/ you, I've seen your efforts before ( admiring for years ),,,,,However .... what I received was not a very good representation of what I & other have become accustom to seeing from your hands

Nor did it Look Like a recent 63 P/M Car

I can assure you that there's MUCH more work that I invested into that piece ( I received from the Slot Car guy ) than simply re-graphed Front End , I have modification photos & they are extensive !

#3 > As much work into the one I recreated , as I'm sure when into the one you 1st did , in converting an AMT 63 Vette , into what ever that was supposed to represent

Interesting that we Don't Hear AMT ( if thats what you started w/ )

Bashing You ....................... & they PAID $ for the Rights !

#4 > When it's Election Time in the USA , the candidate that Slings the Muds , in the end Losses Creditability ( w/ each slanderous commercial )

#5 > Andy, Your a Resin Caster , you did that one Master ( or claim to , which we'll believe OK )

If it's such a Gold Gem , why aren't you casting that oine & offering it Your Self ?

#6 > To address the Images we Post Showing the Finished Product ..(Shaking my head in disbelief )

When you look at ANY MODEL KIT , they show a Build model, or an Image of a REAL CAR

Are you to assume that , that's what the Box Content Contain ( I really can't believe I have to address this )

#7 > Fellow Modelers , This is OUR HOBBY to KEEP, OURS !!!!!

Not for these "alleged" model Builders , that WASTE OUR TIME > Ranting & Raving on ANY Mes. Brd. any give day !

Let's Take Back OUR Mes. Brds for these idiots !

I like what Darin Stated in previous Message

" Time to Put Up or Shut Up ! "

Talks Cheap , you want to Earn Respect ....... that isn't achieved by ( attempts ) to "be little another"

............. POST PICTURES OF YOUR MODELS THAT YOU BUILT !

Then let the Modeling Public make their Choice

"Seeing is Believing , & a Pictures Worth a 1,000 Words ............. Talks Cheap ! "

Jim , Dwayne, Alan , ...............etc.............

COWBOY UP !

Don

www.ReliableResin.com

Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla

and furthermore, Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla! :D:D:D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol:

I know FOR A FACT that he has BLATANTLY STOLEN the design for the Barton Hemi Super Stock intake from the master designed by Bud Lefevre.

#1 > Fact....... that Barton Rat Roaster was MASTERED BY: Don Fahrni !

I like to get up in the morning, have my coffee and smoke and read my e mail. If I knew what my inbox was going to look like this morning I may have bypassed it this morning. I received numerous E mails directing me to this post.

I would like to say that I DID master the Barton Intake that is cast by Perry's Resin. I still have the jig I fabricated to create the master, along with all the photos that I took of a friends ( Jeff Teuton ) car at Indy a few years ago.

I DO NOT appreciate being called a liar!

To say I am PISSED OFF would be a major understatement.

Oh, and by the way, "Rat Roaster" is the trade mark of Edelbrock Co. and has nothing to do with Ray Barton Racing Engines.

Bud Lefevre

Here are some photos I took tonight. I'll let them speak for themselves.

First up, the '68 Camaro. The first image is our master.

68camaro.jpg

clown68camaro.jpg

doesn't anyone actually have one of these bodies that he is accused of copying? I keep seeing pictures of his stuff from ebay. The only thing I can tell by these photos are that these are two similar model bodies. I could modify my own camaro body to fit the same chassis and it would come out looking very much like both of these. Does anyone actually have the Reliable resin body and one of theirs in the same place at the same time so they can be seen side by side?

Next, is the '72 Duster. This was made from an original Butch Leal California Flash Duster (hence the orange plastic).

He received his casting from Billy Gooche (one Billy bought from me). Oh by the way Don, he still wants it back.

Jim

duster.jpg

clownduster.jpg

The orange car isn't an original master it's simply a kit body with the windows blocked out and the rear fenders modified. Are you going to tell me that that little bit of modification makes it your own work? if that's true the even the smallest of modification to an existing resin body would make it the original work of that caster. this example shows the pettiness of this whole arguement.

To whom this may concern & ALL interested !

#2 > I'm VERY BUSY here, fulfilling Orders & do Not have time to reply to ALL OF THE FALSE ACCUSATIONS being perpetuated by the immoral minority ( over there on SLM )

#3 > This NONSENSE ( yes Jim , you should know how that words spelt ! )

Is getting OLD , and from the looks of things , nothings changed since I & may other Good Modelers Left that group over 5 years ago

#4 > As far as SLM , I left that Group , not the other way around !

I Got Sick & Tired of 50 > 60 emails ( @ least ) in my email box "a Day" that had Nothing to do w/ Modeling what so ever. After all isn't that what the intent of these Mes. Brds are for > Building Models , not a Hen House / Sewing Circle ?

As of late, even Current members are getting Sick & Tired of what's "going on " over there & the pleas from these members to Move On continue to go Unheard (after 5 years)

#5 > Many a Good Modeler has ALSO LEFT that group LONG AGO for similar reasons

#6 > Seems many members of the aforementioned group spend an awful amount of Time on the Computer & Less time actually building models

* All one has to do, is ................(as Darin did ) become a member & take a look at the Posts on SLM for the Last 3 Months !

I think Darin hit the nail on the Head :

( I'm new to this Board & don't know how to do that *quote Fwd thing > yet :D

Posted: Fri 13 Apr, 2007 6:31 am Post subject:

Darin Wrote :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering that to many this seris of attack auctions and message board rants will be many modelers first impression of "straight line modelers" I would be very concerned over the reputation that group is getting. Negativity has driven me from a couple of boards lately, and while i have intrest in the subject, this current situation almost guarantees I won't be visiting SLM anytime soon.

Enough already !

Let's get back to Posting Images of Works in Progress & Finished Builds

We shall be Posting Images of Builds Very Soon .......... I'll allow the work to speak for it's self

Don

Not rying to keep things stirred Up Don... But a few things..

1> if it was Masted By Don Fahrni why don't you give him credit??

I see No cridits where they are do with any of Your auctions or even On your web site. It makes it appear Yuo are SuperModelMan.

2> if you wnat the Immoral Minoority to stop speaking their Minds. Forget about us.. and we will forget about You.

3>SLM Is Not for everyone.. it is Intended for real people.

4> Don you were showed the door at SLM ..Dan Himmel evn has You Banned..Nuf said. self promotings abd such. I can dig thru the archives if You want Proof..

You never offered advice..Just Look at what I can do..

5>Cey La Vie. I have joined groups and left them..too. they were not for me...

6> I work 10 Hour days.. and I find My relaxation on the Puter(sic).

I do have projects goingI just Post them when I feel Like it..

* how about longer spans.. Don speading of a Private group thru postings in othe Places Is How do you say ... Not good for Business.

If you sling it it could come Back..

Dwayne Bressem

Proud SLM Member since 1999

I was asked to Put an End to this:

No, Don's Barton was mastered by Don Fahrni.

The Perry's Resin Barton intake was mastered by Bud Lefevre.

They are different, from different masters. Perry's has separate runners.

Bud's frustration comes from everyone doing things that are already done.t_bartonintake.jpg

Last one for tonight is his latest dig, the '68 Corvette. I could also include the '67 Nova, but hey! I'm tired and I have to work tomorrow!

Jim

corvette.jpg

clown_corvette.jpg

Jim

Haven't "we already" covered this & been down this road before ?

BTW ... who did those masters for you ?

I have premission from the individual who did those master(s) !

Again , haven't you been out of business , for years now ?

Aren't you getting tired of this ?

I know many of us Real Modelers sure are !

Time for "Jakes Speed Shop" to Put Up or Shut Up pic's

With all this time on your hands Now, one would think that you'd have plenty to show your "recent" efforts in Modeling

Don

PS > If one has a Keen Eye they'll notice major Differences in many of the Bodies I cast ( 67 / 68 Camaro length , not indentations on the hood )

ETC ...,

BTW , I don't recall ever giving you permission to use my photos

I didn't want to clog up the forum with a bunch of tedious BS! You asked for it and here it is. I am certain some will not be convinced so spare me the boredom of the expected.

No one can convince me that a body this radical just happened to be that similar. The panel lines are the same, the shape is the same, the wheelie bracket notches are in the same place. the bumps in the rear fender for tire clearance. If changing the nose and cutting the wing supports down is all it takes to call it your own then so be it. It is a copy. Period. End of story. Slam Dunk. Whatever.

By the way, I think mine looks better.

I hate to tell you but I see a great deal of difference in the two bodies.

First the obvious. The nose is completly different.

frontend-vi.jpg

second the rear fender humps are shaped different. They are rounded on your body, and squared off on his. as for the cut-outs for the wheelie bars, I assume both of these bodies were made to fit the Revell Pro-Mod chassis, that they would have to be in the exact same spot on both bodies to fit correctly.

rear-vi.jpg

Third the roof on Don's corvette looks to be lower and the side window seems to be shaped differently. It also looks to me that his windshield is leaned back further.

roof-vi.jpg

Now I realise that in this case we don't have too many similar angles to look at, which is why I've asked anyone who has both a reliable Resin body, and one of the bodies he's accused of copying to photograph them together. Most resin conversions I've seen are modfied kit bodies made into a different version, such as a roof swap or a change in trim, and the resin caster calls it his own work. Considering the amount of obvious difference here, even if he did base it on another resin, I think he has done enough work to call it his own. I also think that seeing how the other body isn't even available for purchase it's a moot point anyway.

Not rying to keep things stirred Up Don... But a few things..

1> if it was Masted By Don Fahrni why don't you give him credit??

I see No cridits where they are do with any of Your auctions or even On your web site. It makes it appear Yuo are SuperModelMan.

2> if you wnat the Immoral Minoority to stop speaking their Minds. Forget about us.. and we will forget about You.

3>SLM Is Not for everyone.. it is Intended for real people.

4> Don you were showed the door at SLM ..Dan Himmel evn has You Banned..Nuf said. self promotings abd such. I can dig thru the archives if You want Proof..

You never offered advice..Just Look at what I can do..

5>Cey La Vie. I have joined groups and left them..too. they were not for me...

6> I work 10 Hour days.. and I find My relaxation on the Puter(sic).

I do have projects goingI just Post them when I feel Like it..

* how about longer spans.. Don speading of a Private group thru postings in othe Places Is How do you say ... Not good for Business.

If you sling it it could come Back..

Dwayne Bressem

Proud SLM Member since 1999

Dwayne

We all thought you left in a Huff !

Welcome Back :P

I guess you were GONE, you missed Jairus's post requesting SPELL CHECK , after all you'al had soooo much fun w/ my spelling :roll:

I always considered Modeling to be Meditation

All this BS'ing about Building on the Computer .......... Frustration !

My own 2 cents

Don

BTW : It's Adult Swim Now, Kiddie's ...............Out of the Pool !

Dwayne

We all thought you left in a Huff !

Welcome Back :P

I guess you were GONE, you missed Jairus's post requesting SPELL CHECK , after all you'al had soooo much fun w/ my spelling :roll:

I always considered Modeling to be Meditation

All this BS'ing about Building on the Computer .......... Frustration !

My own 2 cents

Don

BTW : It's Adult Swim Now, Kiddie's ...............Out of the Pool !

Don I didn't say I left Just that I said enuf (sic).

But you didn't address My concerns.

I guess i was right, then,

You keep egging us On and On...

I was almost this close to Not continue with this , But You seem to relish In It.

I have never Once gripped about you and spell check You Must have Me confused with someone else. ( that is a reality).

Dwayne

Ps I don't need anyone to tell me what to do..

I showed you My skills and You show Incomplete Models No windows No detail. Just fluff. where are the ones with substance?

some are Missing Interiors too.