Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished - Revell Gato 1/72 Scale

Wow outstanding totally worth the long period of time building it. I can see why it's 1/72 scale because if it was 1/24 scale that thing would be huge.

Put it this way, a real Gato is just over 311 ft in length, so in 1/24 scale it would be roughly 13 feet long, 12.958 ft to be precise.

Ain't no *&^%$#@ way my wife would let me build that. B)

G

That looks spot on. Can we have more pics please??

How was that kit? I really want to build that and the U boat and go all out with some AM sets.

G

If you click the word "Finished" in my original message, it goes to the build log for the kit. Lots of pics there.

The kit is great. No real flash to speak of. Be careful putting the hull together (make sure the top of it is even). The kit I built was missing one of the hull alignment pegs, but I made one out of part of the sprue. I used beading wire for the stanchions and antenna wire instead of the thread that came with the model. It's a nice kit if you have room to display it (over 4-feet long)

Put it this way, a real Gato is just over 311 ft in length, so in 1/24 scale it would be roughly 13 feet long, 12.958 ft to be precise.

Ain't no *&^%$#@ way my wife would let me build that. B)

G

Mine wouldn't mind me building it, but she'd have a real probably with me keeping it. I priced out some custom display cases - and they exceeded $500.