Model Cars Magazine Forum

SOHC Ford dragster

... here's the completed 427 SOHC fuel dragster ........ AMT Tommy Ivo kit ........ cammer engine from the Model King Comet kit ........ blower from a Polar Lights funny car kit ......... injector from a Revell funny car kit ....... wiring, boots, and hardware from Pro Tech, Cobracolors Sunset Orange Metallic paint, and Polar Lights decals

RDF7.jpg

RDF1.jpg

RDF5.jpg

RDF2.jpg

RDF4.jpg

RDF3.jpg

RDF6.jpg

That's a beauty John! I've read that those Ivo kits are a little tricky when it comes to mating the chassis to the body. Any words of wisdom? Again, wonderful build there!

Aaron ;)

Thanks for the nice comment. Here's what I did to alleviate some of the body/chassis issues on this kit. The sprue for the kit parts has a flat side. I measured and cut pieces of sprue to glue into the center of the body covering the seam (across the seam) between the two body halves. Make sure to leave enough room toward the edges for the chassis to be glued in place. The sprue "braces" not only add strength to the joint but they help hold the body flat along the bottom. That helps to make the chassis fit like a glove.

Edited by Old Coyote