Model Cars Magazine Forum

'72 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible

peanutskeeter

I wanted to share my latest model that I finished the other day. This is a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible made by Revell. The two tone body is Model Master Hot Pink Pearl and Model Master Gloss Black and the underbody is Alclad II Steel with Alclad II Aluminum pipes, mufflers, suspension. All paint was shot through an air brush. Went above and beyond on a couple of things including flocking on the floorboard, BMF on the interior, spark plug wires on the engine.

I know, I know, this is the exact model Revell shows on their box for this kit, but unfortunately my girlfriend wanted me to make her this car and she seemed to just love the black on pink so I went ahead and did it anyways.

By the way this is one of the better $20 Revell kits I've ever done. They provided a lot of extras with this kit that I haven't seen in many other kits such as real metal exhaust tips, real metal axels, along with a few other tidbits that take a model that extra mile. A great kit and I would suggest anybody go out and get it.

Also, this is a random question but I'm sure somebody will read this and be able to answer it. The other day I was at the hobby store and noticed a Revell model on the bottom shelf that was in a rectangle box shaped like a Tamiya car model box. I picked it up and the quality of the box was great and the model was $50?! By Revell?! The box said nothing as to what was different between this long rectangular type model and the cube-type box (most common). Are these type of models just better quality or whats the deal here?

Thanks for looking!!

d54f23f1.jpg

9def935f.jpg

289ce007.jpg

8d84c525.jpg

c278a3e7.jpg

b3e8fef9.jpg

Edited by peanutskeeter