Model Cars Magazine Forum

1991 GMC Syclone

Jared Roach

So I just finished up this kit guys. It's revell's 91 Syclone, which is based on the s10. It's box stock, because that is the way I would own one. I returned my new camera because I didn't like it so I am back to using the old one for now!

These trucks are extremely rare, with only 2998 being made. It's based on the GMC s15. They have a 4.3l v6 that is common in many Gm trucks. But It features a Mitsubishi Turbo with AWD that had 270hp and powered the truck from 0-60 in under 5 seconds. This is My DREAM car, and with prices rising everyday on these and typhoons, I'll probably miss out, but I can dream haha.

Oh and I know it can benefit from some more under hood detailing, but I am going to make some decals and stuff first. I had a good time with this build and I hope you like it!

Check out the WIP to see some pics of the interior and other details.

sonoma022.jpg

sonoma017.jpg

sonoma014.jpg

sonoma037.jpg

sonoma033.jpg

sonoma051.jpg

sonoma061.jpg

sonoma031.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Jared Roach

Really nice looking Syclone. I've got one to rebuild one day. It started out in this colour scheme (nowhere near as nice as yours though), but it has since had a custom (hand brushed) pattern on it in 3 shades of blue. When I rebuild it, I might have to go back original again. I couldn't for the life of me (back then at least hopefully) couldn't get the body kit to fit properly. I'll have to have a look at your WIP to see how you did it. It'll be a good reference to when I rebuild this:

P1000271.jpg