Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth K100 Aerodyne

Hi all! Newbie on this forum! ;)

I want to show you my Kenworth K100 Aerodyne (AMT). I got this model about twenty years ago as a teenager. I built the model straight out of the box without any modifications and painted whole truck by brush, the cab was blue and the frame was black. Few years later I repainted whole truck black and white with spray paints and assembled a container, result was not very glamorous... The truck was forgotten over the shelf for years.

Around 2004 I got some kind of interest to fix the old Kenworth. I repainted it and lengthened the frame about one inch so that the container would fit properly. Otherwise there were no big changes to the model. The truck was forgotten over the shelf again.

During last year I have found again time for my old enthusiasm truck modeling. After few EMEK and Italeri Scanias I decided that dear old Kenworth deserves something better. This model has sentimental value for me so I did not want to just throw it away. I removed all old layers of paint and shortened the frame to original length. I built a short platform as I did not want this to be just a tractor. Short platform is optimal for heavy stone freight for which this model is designed for. Windshield needed to be renewed, the windshield vipers are loaned from EMEK model. Luckily I found the old front bumper from scrap box but the sun visor was lost so I had to make it myself. I'm quite happy with the result considering the starting point. I hope this is the last restoration for this Kenworth. :D

See HERE for more pictures! :) Sorry no pics from the original model, that was not digital era... :P

ff8493fa.jpg

2ddf4a32.jpg

Edited by maxres