Model Cars Magazine Forum

61 Ford Ranchero pickup (Update 8-07-11)

parki

Hey there guys, I've started building something again at last!! LOL AMT's 61 Ford Ranchero pickup, Its gonna be lowered, running chrome reversed rims, it's been nosed and decked and shaved! and is gonna have bellflower tips out back. For colour, I was thinking pearlesent orange with a pearl white roof.

P1010019-vi.jpg

P1010020-vi.jpg

P1010016-vi.jpg

Edited by parki

Jus a sugestion here ............ have you thought to use a light Lavender on the finish as opposed to an Orange ? Ed Shaver

Lavenders very cool, :P But everyones doing them lavender at the moment because of the Kieth weesner painting, so just wanted to be a little different :lol:

All input and sugestions are welcome though and greatly appreciated :D

Uh nothing wrong with orange . I just noticed a Lavender cast within the pictures . I figgured Lavender .......... Oh well, I'm headed out for some mo coffee . Ed Shaver

Cool, :lol: I can see it now, looking at the pictures. :lol: Coffee sounds good :P Caffffine!!!

Well hears where I'm at so far. Got the body in primer. Needs rubbing down and redoing though. Got a few wrinkles in it! I've also got the engine mocked up so I can workout where to modify the front cross member, so as to clear the oil pan. I also need to make some engine mounts. Also started painting the wheel centers yellow, they will have a very thin clear orange wash over the yellow to replicate how Barris use to paint chrome wheels back in the day. Stay tuned for more.

P1040002-vi.jpg

P1040003-vi.jpg

P1040005-vi.jpg

P1040006-vi.jpg